License Plate Screws

wlo0328

Sorry for such a silly question, but I can't seem to get a good answer from LEXUS, but what screws are used for the license plate (rear) for 92' LS400? I bought the car used and the screws were missing. Lexus told me the wrong size, so I knew you guys would know the correct screw size.

Thanks!!

I'm missing one on the front. They are some strange threaded nylon bolts. I tried every bolt in my big box of bolts and nothing fit. I didn't check at PepBoys yet but perhaps Moe, Curly and Manny can hook me up. For now I just left the front plate off.

• 4 months later...

I wanted to replace old and rusted bolts on my LS . I went to my local auto parts store and found them there . I brought my old ones with though . and matched them.

I had a problem with a stripped out hole on one so I just wraped some pipe thread tape around the bolt and it held just fine.

May want to consider the 'screw or bolt' covers. they are avail at Advance, etc. ; they are round, in chrome or gold [depending on your emblem color]; if the bolt is too big then you split the clear plastic retainer, slip around the screw head then just snap on the covers when the screw is tightened.

Gives a super appearance--without having the screw or bolt heads visible-----fitting for a LS !!!!!!

I have gold to match the emblem finish---also I installed screws with the covers in the holes in the front bumper [NC does not use plates in front]--looks finished without the holes showing !!!