Lexus Brand Windshield?

huron

My RX330 windshield got a large crack from a rock. I called Lexus to have it replaced and they gave me the contact of their subcontractor who does their windshield installments. The subcontractor claims he can sell me a windshield that is exact the same as the Lexus brand, just without the logo, for much cheaper. He states that there is no difference between the non logo and lexus brand windshield.

Is there any truth to this? Is it safe to buy the non logo windshield? Thanks for any input.

My RX330 windshield got a large crack from a rock. I called Lexus to have it replaced and they gave me the contact of their subcontractor who does their windshield installments. The subcontractor claims he can sell me a windshield that is exact the same as the Lexus brand, just without the logo, for much cheaper. He states that there is no difference between the non logo and lexus brand windshield.

Is there any truth to this? Is it safe to buy the non logo windshield? Thanks for any input.

Personally, I wouldn't settle for anything but OEM glass.

If your paying for it yourself I'd go for the cheaper one, that way next week or the week after when it gets broke again you won't be out a $1000 dollars. There is no safety factor to worry about, they all have to pass the gov regulations.

Jeff

During the summer i had to have the rear door glass in my rx300 replaced because there were scratces in it. I took it to lexus and they replaced it for me.

The only thing was that it didn't have the "LEXUS" etched in it. All it says now is DOT 23 etc...

The glass seems to be perfectly fine. It matches perfectly too, even with the rx300's mirror tint.

Same thing happened to me. Big rock hit and chipped the windshield. I payed the dealer $200? to seal it so that it wouldnt spread. Now, its just a tiny little dent that nobody can see. Otherwise, my service rep said it would be near 2K. Yikes. Personally i would want the lexus logo too, but im just picky. If you decide to sell the car later on, it would probably be better to have the lexus brand name on it.

This may or may not be useful information, but if you have comprehensive insurance on your car, the policy should cover windshield replacement, minus any deductible. If that is the case, then obviously you should get the OEM. If it's out of your own pocket, then you might want to reconsider.