Where Can I Put A Magnetic Hide-a-key

Anywhere metal. It's almost a ton and a half of metal, I'm very sure you can find a place!

Try like, a frame rail, or the suspension mounting points. The unibody chassie is easy, but has very thick protetive paint on it, so a dinky $1 hide-a-key isn't gonna do it.

OK, this caught my eye. I'm curious why someone needs a "magnetic hide-a-key"? Doesn't everyone carry their Lexus backup key (in the plastic "credit card" size holder) in their wallet?

1990, you assume that we all carry wallets.

Several of my friends carry their ID, bills and maybe credit card all in one clip, no bulky wallet.

steviej

Like Toysrme, I like to hide a spare key underneath the car on a hidden horizontal surface. I use a duplicate regular key rather than a plastic or magnetic key and use a dab of household silicone rubber glue to hold the key securely. The glue will also secure the key to a plastic surface.

I use a stainless steel wire twisted around the bottom of a spring on my car. :)

Werd Monarch. The only one I had that worked extremely well was actually a huuuuge magnet I use to have. I've never had a tiny plastic hide-a-key one work well. I tried one on the Protege & it died.

:chairshot:

Glad you guys want to put a hide a key on your car. I would just invest into a motor club membership for $60-$70 / year, (they have lockout service). I don't think that I will hide a key on my LEXUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tend to forget I have that key in my wallet. About 6 months ago I was going crazy because I couldn't find my keys. My husband had the second set with him and I thought I was out of luck getting anywhere with my car. I eventually found my keys. But through the whole ordeal, I never thought about the wallet key. :blushing:

As far as a hide-a-way key holder, I would never think to use one as I figure a thief would be looking for that very thing.

:chairshot:

Glad you guys want to put a hide a key on your car. I would just invest into a motor club membership for $60-$70 / year, (they have lockout service). I don't think that I will hide a key on my LEXUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how would u look your keys in your car? u would have to tae your keys out of the ing. and sit them down then lock it. cause mine just unlocks a 4 door if the door is open and i hit the lock button.

I tend to forget I have that key in my wallet. About 6 months ago I was going crazy because I couldn't find my keys. My husband had the second set with him and I thought I was out of luck getting anywhere with my car. I eventually found my keys. But through the whole ordeal, I never thought about the wallet key. :blushing:

As far as a hide-a-way key holder, I would never think to use one as I figure a thief would be looking for that very thing.

Back side of license plate would be perfect. However my magnetic hide-a-key from the unnamed discount store

will not stick. There still must be some other metal surface available. Thanks again, Mike