Tune In 12:25 Pm 01/08/06 For The 07 Ls460 Reveal!

Yeah I'm still a little puzzled why they didn't keep the turn signal strip in the center of the light housing like they always have. I've heard a lot of people say they always know a car is an LS by the light pattern in the back, and they're right you can tell.

I don't think they copied the Odyssey though lol

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, I'm sure they didn't copy, but the similar shape and color caught my eye! I wish they would have kept the unique column and row taillights that have been on the first 3 generations (they make a verrry interesting look when they are lit up! You can spot a LS from miles away at night!). The back end has always been my favorite angle of my LS because of those cooky tail lights and hidden dual exhaust.

I'm just noticing how much the front looks like a '04-'06 LS430!

I know, you really can see the evolution from the older LS' in the front. I'm glad for that, while the critics may have had a lot of negative things to say re the LS being a copy of Mercedes design, I always thought it was a very distinctive and unique car.

You can see a lot of the 98-00 car in the face too.

I'm just noticing how the hood lines are hidden in that character line going down the hood and how the fenders wrap around. I wonder if the grille still rises with the hood when it opens?

I'm also just noticing a thin LED high mount brake light strip at the top of the rear window...sharp!

I've heard all of that crap about Lexus copying MB, but I've never been able to see any noticeable similarities. I wish they would have released better photos with more clear shots and not all of those goofy angles. You've got a good eye by spotting that third brake light!

Edited by blake918

They finally got around to designing a rear bumper that properly houses the exhaust pipes. Looks GREAT. Living in the snow belt, I can see a definite struggle keeping the lower door chrome lustrous. Hopefully they'll offer that clear guard application for the chrome.

I am a bit hesitant to go after the first years production run though. They seem to change the package offerings in the second year(at least they did on the recent 430 vehicles). I think I may wait for fall 2007 for mine.

John

Hi Guys!! :)

No doubt about it - the all-new for 2007 Lexus LS460 is a beautiful car.

But I can't help but wonder...

WHY so much concern over how comfortable REAR SEAT PASSENGERS are?! I can't remember the last time anyone sat in the rear seat of any car I've owned. And I haven't been in the back seat [other than to clean the windows] since I don't know when. Probably more than 20 years.

I'm curious. Other than those of you who may be related to Miss Daisy - when was the last time YOU where in the back seat of any car?! [while it was moving]

Craig!! :)

WHY so much concern over how comfortable REAR SEAT PASSENGERS are?! I can't remember the last time anyone sat in the rear seat of any car I've owned. And I haven't been in the back seat [other than to clean the windows] since I don't know when. Probably more than 20 years.

I'm curious. Other than those of you who may be related to Miss Daisy - when was the last time YOU where in the back seat of any car?! [while it was moving]

I was thinking the exact same thing. Focus to the front two seats because let's face it, this is not a limo and probably won't be used that much for executive transport...

I actually rode in the backseat of mine for the first time ever over new years eve "too drunk to drive, had fiance' drive all 4 of us back home".. Man, I really liked riding in the back! Except "go figure" I could hear the top shock bumper squeeking. And of course I had to make the comment "damn, gotta fix that". I was almost throw out of a moving car! But anyway, my 2 cents worth.

If they're anything like the ole' LS400's in terms of reliability, it'll be 2013 for my 2007. Hey John, make sure you take care of my future LS460 for me ok? ;)

They finally got around to designing a rear bumper that properly houses the exhaust pipes. Looks GREAT. Living in the snow belt, I can see a definite struggle keeping the lower door chrome lustrous. Hopefully they'll offer that clear guard application for the chrome.

I am a bit hesitant to go after the first years production run though. They seem to change the package offerings in the second year(at least they did on the recent 430 vehicles). I think I may wait for fall 2007 for mine.

John

John

I'm waiting for the hybrid version. I wonder if it will have more than 380 HP?

Thats why its an option ;)

well its certain...only the RIGHT passenger seat gets the recliner and such. I still dont get why...but...it just doesnt seem right that one seat as it and the other doesnt

My guess is that it was designed for an Executive type with a driver/chauffeur to be driven to and from work, a limosine as it were. Most of those old farts are too busy with work to have any friends so they'd be alone in the back seat anyway.

The price paid for being at the top of the list! ;)

How come when it comes to Lexus, people always compare the design to other cars? I dont get that...

How about we start comparing a few other cars and see what we come up with?

well its certain...only the RIGHT passenger seat gets the recliner and such. I still dont get why...but...it just doesnt seem right that one seat as it and the other doesnt

Its because the front seat has to be moved forward for the recliner and ottoman to work properly, since the drivers seat can't just be moved forward, since someone has to drive, thats why it doesn't recline.

I'm aware of that. But it's not really an ANSWER to MY question - is it?! ;)

I'm aware of that. But it's not really an ANSWER to MY question - is it?! ;)

A few months ago. Every time I visit my parents, my dad insists on driving his car to the restaurant. With my mother also in the front seat, that puts me in the back. It feels weird but I can deal with it. Even if I had MEGA Millions, I would never allow a paid hand to drive me around.

John

Edited by GOLDPLATER