How Fast

timothy

has anyone did a test on a 300 or 330 for speed and performance? I have read test in some magazines, but just your basic reviews, I know the 300/330 is not a race car, I had my 04 330 up to 100mph and was super smooth with 23000 miles on Dunlop 5000's. In Michigan you can't do that very long, roads are crap and I don't need a big ticket. Love to take it on big speedway like M.I.S. Just wondering. thanks

Timothy

has anyone did a test on a 300 or 330 for speed and performance? I have read test in some magazines, but just your basic reviews, I know the 300/330 is not a race car, I had my 04 330 up to 100mph and was super smooth with 23000 miles on Dunlop 5000's. In Michigan you can't do that very long, roads are crap and I don't  need a big ticket. Love to take it on big speedway like M.I.S. Just wondering. thanks

Timothy

I doubt very many others have been much higher that yours on regular highways.....for fear of loosing their licence. Any members take their ES to the track? B) 110 MP/H here & it was also not for very long......had alot more 'pedal' to go too! ;)

:cheers:

i tapped the speedo out, that is like 5250 rpm, and i took it almost to 6000 rpm.....

That happened at what speed? B) I think the top speed of a 'factory' ES is in the neighbourhood of around 135 - 145 MP/H range however (governed).

I didn't check my tach at 100, watching the road, the harder I pushed it, the smoother the shifting was. Love to get it on a track just for fun. any Lexus driving schools? I know NASCAR has several. A Lexus driving school would be cool.

Timothy

I didn't check my tach at 100, watching the road, the harder I pushed it, the smoother the shifting was. Love to get it on a track just for fun. any Lexus driving schools?  I know NASCAR has several.  A Lexus driving school would be cool.

Timothy

No Lexus driving school that I am aware of.......but many excellent independent professional schools are out there......just for the fun of it, sign up at a BMW driving school with your Lexus. B)

i tapped the speedo out, that is like 5250 rpm, and i took it almost to 6000 rpm.....

Ya, was that with or without the flux capacitor? You're so full of *BLEEP*.

5250rpm is 137.83mph. with the torque convertor locked up. Due to the extremely large amount of load, the torque convertor will not be locked - instead it will be slipping (I've found) about 200rpm.

Causing you to need 5450rpm to pull 137mph.

6000rpm is 157mph. (Even the 200rpm slip rule, 5800 is 152mph)I can't begin to make a joke about that. Anything I say is going to come out meaner than SteveJ wants people to be.

owned_baby.jpg

It's impossible aerodynamically on an engine that is even close to stock.

Top speed?

First thing you need to understand timothy. All 1mz-fe's are electronically limited to 139mph. :glare: Unless you have a piggyback manipulating the signal, you're going to hit a brick wall regardless of how much power you have.

All the mags put the new 3mz-fe's at 143mph. Tho I've not run across anyone with a 3mz-fe that's claimed to topped out (Camry, or ES).

1/4m is 15.5s@89mph. (Still the same old slow car LoL!, but they've knocked a 1/2 second off the average 3.0L v6 time. They run stock what a well driven 3.0, or 2.5L runs with the first $100-200 in mods.)

They are not stable at high speed by any means. The stock suspensions are simply too soft to do anything but a straight line over 100-105. The nose of the car is also subjected to lift (I've documeted & a few other peole commented on both ES & Camry's) that really starts coming into play around 125mph. You can feel the stock suspensions start unloading the faster you go. There is noticeable rise between 125 & 135 & 140. If you're going to drive high speed, you really need to stick to it in a straight line less you have some upgrades.

The stock brakes are really good once you put pads that won't melt & fluid that won't boil out. About all of them can activate ABS @ 60-70mph if you get your foot all the way in it. That means traction is the immediate limiting brake factor. ;)

With good pads & fluid & brembo rotors - they don't fade much either (Despite the portly 3200-3500lbs they carry around once you add yourself & some audio)

Ya many of the other driving clubs are happy to have members for track days / schools, regardless of type, or brand. (Note "outsiders" get served last, but they're welcome to ahve you.)

BMW & Porsche are the 2 big ones I can think of.

i know that 5250 was around 135- 140 , i wasnt really paying attion to it to be exact.

forgot to mention that was on a 4 mile down hill striaght :) but i have seen it

also did a top end dyno run and there was no govener to slow it down. and we too it back up to 6200 rpm before letting off, and itwas was pushing the 160 range, but dont remmebr the exact number.

but u dont have to belive a damn word i say :)

has anyone did a test on a 300 or 330 for speed and performance? I have read test in some magazines, but just your basic reviews, I know the 300/330 is not a race car, I had my 04 330 up to 100mph and was super smooth with 23000 miles on Dunlop 5000's. In Michigan you can't do that very long, roads are crap and I don't  need a big ticket. Love to take it on big speedway like M.I.S. Just wondering. thanks

Timothy

2 weeks ago on my way back to Colorado from New Mexico I hit 120mph on I-25. It felt really smooth because of the new Kumho's and 17" rims I recently got. Suprisingly the car did not shake rattle or roll...thank God, but just a little wind noise, not much though. There wasn't alot of peeps on the road so it was easy to do. I really love my ES

i know that 5250 was around 135- 140 , i wasnt really paying attion to it to be exact.

forgot to mention that was on a 4 mile down hill striaght :)  but i have seen it

also  did a top end dyno run and there was no govener to slow it down. and we too it back up to 6200 rpm before letting off,  and itwas was pushing the 160 range, but dont remmebr the exact number.

but u dont have to belive a damn word i say :)

It's quite possible that it could hit the equivalent of 160 on a dyno. Running on the road is quite different (wind resistance, for starters).

• 2 years later...

I did 145 just the other day at 3am coming back from Nashville. Wasn't on a decline. The road was completely flat on the section of I-24W. 2000 ES. Nothing special done to it at all. 215/55/16 Potenza RE960 @ 32psi, K&N filter, AMSOIL fluid, KYB Strut mounts and GR2 struts. I do know the different than stock tire size makes the speedometer too fast by ~1mph so it was about 143-144. I thought these things were governed at 139 like toysrme said? The car rode great. The GR2's are a little rougher than OEM but, it definitely helps the handling. I can recommend the Potenza RE960AS's as well. Great tires that will only slip in ice with my ES. I can floor it on a wet road and they won't budge. I can't say the same for a 3000rpm launch ~80)

Top speed of the ES 330 is suppose to be 145 MPH......I'll take their word for it lol. ;)

wow this one was dug up.... i know the 1mz with out unplugging the dash, the car would stop at 139mph..did that a few times. never faster.it just wont do it........ but i have severaly slips of 10.3 at 67 mph in the 1/8th....

but she is now sold :(

Top speed of the ES 330 is suppose to be 145 MPH......I'll take their word for it lol. ;)

wow this one was dug up.... i know the 1mz with out unplugging the dash, the car would stop at 139mph..did that a few times. never faster.it just wont do it........ but i have severaly slips of 10.3 at 67 mph in the 1/8th....

but she is now sold :(

Yours wouldn't go past it? I have never pushed a speedometer of a car past the max. It was definitely past 140. I was going to take a pic on my phone but it was dark. Maybe I'll have to do it again ~;0)

Top speed on my '93 es300 is 80 mph.

I didn't live this long (waaaaaaaay above 50!) to die in a car that 'floats' above 85/90 mph.

In my younger days. . . yes. . . I would have wound that puppy up and let it go.

Today. . . 80 is fast enough, especially in a car that has 108,000 miles on it.

i did about 125 on my 97 es300 (145k miles ) on a highway that I probably should not be going that fast on. Car ran fairly smooth and good. The weather was about 12-17 deg. outside. or about -10 cel. So engine performed nicely. On straight i bet you can even go faster. But I would not do it on bad roads, old tires (mine need to be replaced ) and on a older car . Plus if you get caught, you loose your licence. SO if you going to try going that fast, go in germany or states w/o speed limits on a new rented car ;)

• 2 months later...
has anyone did a test on a 300 or 330 for speed and performance? I have read test in some magazines, but just your basic reviews, I know the 300/330 is not a race car, I had my 04 330 up to 100mph and was super smooth with 23000 miles on Dunlop 5000's. In Michigan you can't do that very long, roads are crap and I don't need a big ticket. Love to take it on big speedway like M.I.S. Just wondering. thanks

Timothy

ES330 OASIS Green 140mph on cruise control on my way to vegas with one passenger and weekend luggage ..

I was really dumb one day after a Braves game and i went 122mph in my 94 ES300 with 4 passengers in the car...thats pretty much as fast as i ever want to go in this car. It now has 102k miles on it and i drive it around much easier now...