Tachometer For A Lawn Mower Engine

LexKid630

Oh my, reminds me of the tool man Tim, putting a jet engine on a mower. Tachometer, great, hit red line and really get a fast cut of your lawn..heh ,heh.

Course we could put a turbo with intercooling on it too. If you add nitro, man you will really go. ....

Oh my, reminds me of the tool man Tim, putting a jet engine on a mower.  Tachometer, great, hit red line and really get a fast cut of your lawn..heh ,heh.

Course we could put a turbo with intercooling on it too. If you add nitro, man you will really go. ....

Why would anyone want to put a tach on a lawnmower anyway? Just to start a thread probably.

Oh my, reminds me of the tool man Tim, putting a jet engine on a mower.  Tachometer, great, hit red line and really get a fast cut of your lawn..heh ,heh.

Why would anyone want to put a tach on a lawnmower anyway? Just to start a thread probably.

I agree. don't wast the time. Most lawn mower are throw away, unless you pay a few thousand (lawn mower, not tractor).

I know my tractor can have accept a turbo! Then again why do I need one nor would I even own a lawn mower. :D :D :P

We're putting a lawn mower engine on an old go-cart frame. I know how to set up the speedo but the tach is tricky.

I thought it would be nice to see the needle too  :lol:

Why don't you just buy a used tach and epoxy the needle somewhere around 7000 and when the cart is floored look at the guage and say YIPEE !!!I'm really goin now. :lol: Have fun with the cart project, I had one when I was a kid and it was a blast, But it was stop or GOOOOO! Nothing inbetween. :cheers: