How Many Miles Should I Expect Out Of A Full Tank?

It depends on how many gallons you've used - remember that you have a 18.5 gallon tank. I usually go about 270-280 miles of city driving before filling up, and I still have about 4-5 gallons left. Does anyone know how many gallons are left when the orange light comes on? The other day mine started a real slow surge, and I still had 4.5 gallons in the tank <_< .

.....sorry about that-it usually helps when I answer the right question :chairshot: . In the city you should expect 320-330 miles and 430-440 on the highway depending on how far you like to push it(no pun intended...lol). (All based off of the EPA ratings of 18 in the city and 24 on the highway.)

do you guys use premium? i try to, but does it make that much of a difference? i do notice a little smoother running, but is it worth it do you think? i have a 93 and wanna do whats best for it, b/c its gettin some age on it. plus, i dont get as good mileage as the newer ES's

i use premium in my 94

i get better respose out of it

never checked the mileage form regular gas

i get 550 - 600km out of a tank of premium

and that is with hard driving mixed city and highway

i also have a intake and an exhaust to help the #'s also

before the changes i got 450-500km

premium also has better cleaners in the fuel

so it will help an older car with carbon buid up collecting on the valves andsuch to be cleaned and not cause pre detonation by the build up being cleaned up and heating

i fill up with regular with about a little less than a quarter tank left. (put in 11-12 gallons at fill up)

i get about 240- 246 miles and i don't know what my darn tank holds. (thats with 3/4 of the driving on highway and the other 1/4 stop and go in the city taping flyers to mailboxes)

What brand of gas do you guys use? I get either Shell or Chevron(both 93 octane). I've heard that Chevron is supposed to be among the best because the techron is a fuel injector cleaner or something like that. Any thoughts....good or bad experiences with certian brands.....

I believe that if your fuel injector is clean already, then it doesn't matter what brand fuel you put in. The higher octane of 93 will make your engine run cooler, be more efficient, and get better gas mileage. I use 93 octane when I take my car for business trips and I got 460 miles to one tank before. I was very surprised because after I filled up, it only took in 17 gallons. I was getting 27 mpg w/ 93 octane (and 50 psi in the tires) which makes a huge difference.

You might want to make sure you have your tires pumped up to proper PSI. I believe Lexus suggests 32 for a nice ride, but I like to run near 40 at all times, and 50 for long trips.

Also, if your car is getting poor mileage, you may need new plugs, wires, air filter, and/or get the fuel system professionally cleaned (usually runs about $80 to have your fuel system professionally cleaned)

good luck B)

hey speedy,

what tire are you running that you can safely pump them up to 50psi?

My Bridgestones would be maxed at 38 and the Toyo low profile 18s are maxed at 44 psi.

Anything above the max psi is very dangerous.

please be careful, life and health couldn't be worth the improvement you get going to 50 psi.

steviej

steviej,

I just checked, it says 44 PSI max on the side. Thanks for the advice. I'm sure the gas mileage savings wouldn't add up to compare to a massive blow-out at 75 and totalling the ES....scary.

:unsure:

I'm sure they're over-engineered though. Isn't that what firestone said to ford?

:D