Best Hard Water Spot Removal Product & Procedure?

The water in my neighborhood must have a higher mineral content this year because I've got a disturbing buildup of hard water spots on my window glass, chrome and paint from lawn sprinker overspray.

Does anyone know of a truly effective hard water spot removal product or procedure? For glass, chrome and the car's paint? The archives suggest using white vinegar but I've already tried that with no success. I ever soaked the glass repeatedly overnight with white vinegar and it did nothing for the water spots. Thanks for any success stories you might be able to share.

It may sounds dumb but i find rainx is affected easily on my cars by hard water.

Another thought is MR.clean makes a car wash thing.

I would never use the system but it has a built in filter for just such thing for a spot free rinse.

I would try the MR clean thing as it is easy to use.

Also i find once the car has good wax the water spots just wipe off , or use meguiars final inspection or quick detail .

Also i find once the car has good wax the water spots just wipe off , or use meguiars final inspection or quick detail .

I agree, a good wax works wonders for the finish & protects againast such things as hard water spots & stains. B)

:cheers:

I have experienced the water spots on my windshield also - when the sun shines just right, you can't see out very well at all.  My question is, can you use the wax on the windshield?????

Never use wax on the windshield! Only use products designed to clean auto glass.

You can use wax on the windshield. In fact it gives many of the properties of rain-X etc while increasing the gloss of the glass and being cheaper.

I'm going to move this to the detailing forum.

This is a matter of opinion. http://wiki.ehow.com/Stop-Windshield-Wiper...-from-Squeaking

You can use wax on the windshield. In fact it gives many of the properties of rain-X etc while increasing the gloss of the glass and being cheaper.

I'm going to move this to the detailing forum.

This is a matter of opinion. http://wiki.ehow.com/Stop-Windshield-Wiper...-from-Squeaking

I've never had any problems whatsoever.

The water in my neighborhood must have a higher mineral content this year because I've got a disturbing buildup of hard water spots on my window glass, chrome and paint from lawn sprinker overspray.

Does anyone know of a truly effective hard water spot removal product or procedure? For glass, chrome and the car's paint?  The archives suggest using white vinegar but I've already tried that with no success.  I ever soaked the glass repeatedly overnight with white vinegar and it did nothing for the water spots.  Thanks for any success stories you might be able to share.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...hl=water++spots

mr clean is great except the stream of filtered de-mineralized water is way WAY too weak. It takes forever to do your whole car, and uses up the filter in a snap. I find that Mr. Clean auto dry is more suited towards bikes. Works well. OR....also i use it to clean my rims, but not the entire car.

• 1 month later...