Acetone

Has anyone heard of, or even tried the stuff called Acetone in your fuel yet?

I'm just checking because I'm thinking about trying it once I get the formula figured out. Here's a website with some info This should work

Read the article and lets hear some responses!

edit, i made a hyperlink to the website, try it now

I'm just checking because I'm thinking about trying it once I get the formula figured out. Here's a website with some info http://www.pureenergysystems.com/new/2005/...900069_Acetone/

I "have" heard of acetone but never as anything but a paint/fingernail polish remover. It's very flamable, volatile, and clear. My guess is that it helps in combusion in the engine?

And i can't seem to get the link. I got an error. :(

Mothballs in the gas tank will get you a bigger kick, for a little while.

I'm not looking for a BIG kick, lol. Supposedly the Acetone helps the combustion of the gas and more of it, therefore giving you better gas mileage and keeping your gas and engine cleaner.

I'm not looking for a BIG kick, lol. Supposedly the Acetone helps the compustion of the gas and more of it, therefore giving you better gas mileage and keeping your gas and engine cleaner.

Personally, i think the guy may be a quack, but seriously, acetone will dissolve many plastic and rubber items except teflon. I don't know if any advantage would offset possible problems. But I'm kinda conservative about what I put in my car.

The mothball myth is from the 1930's and does absolutely nothing for the fuel. Acetone is a highly dangerous and carcenogenic ketone which you should stay away from altogether. It is one of the most powerful solvents for all synthetic plastics known. Don't use it.

I'm not looking for a BIG kick, lol. Supposedly the Acetone helps the compustion of the gas and more of it, therefore giving you better gas mileage and keeping your gas and engine cleaner.

Personally, i think the guy may be a quack, but seriously, acetone will dissolve many plastic and rubber items except teflon. I don't know if any advantage would offset possible problems. But I'm kinda conservative about what I put in my car.

Sounds like this stuff might cause damage to other items in the gas tank or fuel system. :unsure: I'm not sure this stuff is a wise idea to use long term!? :wacko:

:cheers:

Acetone is an excellent chemical to use for removing stubborn old bumper stickers from chrome bumpers and also from window glass. Acetone is so powerful the old plastic bumper stickers melt /disintegrate away in seconds. Acetone will do the same to your skin if you don't wear chemical resistant protective gloves. Not just imagine how destructive acetone could be to the rubber and plastics found in a Lexus fuel system.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I'd add acetone or moth balls to fuel. If you want the most out of your fuel try to find 93-94 octane gas. I've heard that, depending on where you live, Sunoco has a 94 octane and Amoco has a 93 grade gasoline. If you fill up with one of these and add an octane booster you’ll notice an increase in performance. I bought an octane booster from Auto-zone for about ten bucks, added it to a full tank, and I thought I was burning racing fuel. The engine had a more deep-throated roar to it and launched faster with no hesitation in any power range. I can’t remember the name of the product but it came in a tall yellow can.

I'm just checking because I'm thinking about trying it once I get the formula figured out. Here's a website with some info This should work

Anyone considering doing this go here http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1355115 ....megaton of info...pros cons, everything in between. Hope this helpz.

Anyone considering doing this go here http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1355115 ....megaton of info...pros cons, everything in between. Hope this helpz.

Same info as here, a bunch of guys speculating, none really knowing anything!!! <_<

I just read the guy's article and I'm pretty skeptical. However, I'm going to try to prove or disprove his argument by putting an ounce or two of acetone in my next full tank. I can’t believe that a small amount, as diluted as it will be, will hurt that much to try it one time. What if he’s onto something? As expensive as gasoline is getting I’m willing to give it a shot.

I just read the guy's article and I'm pretty skeptical.  However, I'm going to try to prove or disprove his argument by putting an ounce or two of acetone in my next full tank.  I can’t believe that a small amount, as diluted as it will be, will hurt that much to try it one time. What if he’s onto something? As expensive as gasoline is getting I’m willing to give it a shot.

You're in for a surprise ;)