Hybrids In California Hov Lanes

And in MD they are sales tax exempt, saving you 5% of the purchase price.

Now that is nice!

wow, wish I had known that. Could have driven a few miles across the border from VA and saved several thousand. MD dealers should advertise that.

Wouldn't have worked. You pay sales tax in whatever jurisdiction you garage the vehicle in and title the vehicle in. You would have had to pay VA tax when you titled the vehicle in VA anyways. DE has no sales tax on any vehicles, but you've got to pay the tax for the state you live in.

Wouldn't have worked. You pay sales tax in whatever jurisdiction you garage the vehicle in and title the vehicle in. You would have had to pay VA tax when you titled the vehicle in VA anyways. DE has no sales tax on any vehicles, but you've got to pay the tax for the state you live in.

Forgot about that. I just bought a jet ski and when I tried to register it, BOOM, nice sales tax added to my registration bill :)

Yep, MD even makes people pay sales tax on the blue book value of their cars when they move in from out of state regardless of how long they've owned them.

Would this hold true for any State you would move to and register the car in that State?

If Sales tax has already been paid in another State.

It most certainly is.

You know what else? In MD if you have a drivers license you MUST have car insurance whether you have a car or not. If you are uninsured for one day you cannot be insured by anyone but the state at higher rates, thats the law. Nowhere in the MD drivers book or informational packet do they tell you this. You only find out if you try to apply for insurance later and can't. My fiancee discovered this when she moved here from NJ and transferred her drivers license. No one ever asked for proof of insurance before they issued it and we only found out when we bought the Prius and tried to insure her. Now she has to have MD State insurance at higher rates for 2 years before the state will let any private company write her a policy.

Makes no sense because in MD if she should drive someone else's car and wreck it the car owner's insurance would be liable because they let her drive the car. So, if you don't own a car you will never have to submit a claim against your own insurance, but the state makes you have it anyway just doesn't tell you that you need it to get business for their state policies.

THATS !Removed!.

It most certainly is.

You know what else? In MD if you have a drivers license you MUST have car insurance whether you have a car or not. If you are uninsured for one day you cannot be insured by anyone but the state at higher rates, thats the law. Nowhere in the MD drivers book or informational packet do they tell you this. You only find out if you try to apply for insurance later and can't. My fiancee discovered this when she moved here from NJ and transferred her drivers license. No one ever asked for proof of insurance before they issued it and we only found out when we bought the Prius and tried to insure her. Now she has to have MD State insurance at higher rates for 2 years before the state will let any private company write her a policy.

Makes no sense because in MD if she should drive someone else's car and wreck it the car owner's insurance would be liable because they let her drive the car. So, if you don't own a car you will never have to submit a claim against your own insurance, but the state makes you have it anyway just doesn't tell you that you need it to get business for their state policies.

i never knew that im glad i moved out of MD and transfered my license

THATS !Removed!.