Hid Lights Worth The Extra $650?

tealboy

Are the Avalon's available with xenon's ?

Yes, in the Touring and the top of the line models.

why is it that Toyota names their "lines" on the car itself.. i mean...for the camry, there is SE, LE, or XLE. on the ES, well there isn't any different badging. Toyota has the Limited badge etc...it is weird how Lexus doesn't have it.

Model lining like that is a lower level sort of thing. Lexus doesn't do it because it sends a message that all its vehicles are of high quality and owners of more optioned models don't need or want to broadcast that to other owners. Lexus only does it for its engines and special editions.

Think about it, no luxury car company has trim levels.

Its also because the model names are alphanumeric. Avalon Limited or Avalon LX sounds fine, LS430 LX? Confusing.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted once that I was disappointed with the

halogen on my 2000 rx when compared to the

clarity I got with SC430 HID headlamps and

someone said to get a HID conversion kit.

But are these things the real thing? They look

expensive enough, and range from about $350-

$600.00.

Has anyone done this aftermarket modification

and can tell me more about it and what the best

brand to use is?

Thanks

Has anyone done this aftermarket modification

and can tell me more about it and what the best

brand to use is?

I did a conversion kit on my '00 RX several years ago (that car is now gone) and I really loved them! No, I didn't do a full conversion with tilting lamp housings and all, but they worked very well! In fact I sold the kit to a guy here at LOC. He mounted them in an ES I think. He loves them!

I had purchased the kit from a company that is no longer in biz. I was a "real deal" kit with Philips ballasts and Osram 4100k capsules.

Since it is now illegal to even sell these kits in the US, and illegal to use them on street vehicles for a long time now, you will probably have a tough time finding a good kit. But snoop around...they're probably out there some place! Just watch out for the Asian crap I've seen ebay. Just plain junk!

Good luck!