Ever Driven In A Bentley, Maserati, Rolls Etc?

LexKid630

they have a higher sticker haha

LOL that's why i'm wondering what they have that's so "unusual" that Lexus doesn't.

I don't like the looks of them. Even the 2005's look 20 years old. The interiors look old too. The leather must be really expensive though.

This is a 2005 Bentley on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bentley-R-4...563890694QQrdZ1

This is a 2005 Maserati on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Maserati-Ma...sspagenameZWDVW

This is a 2004 Rolls Royce on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rolls-Royce...sspagenameZWDVW

You are paying for a name that has years and years of history and for someone to hand build it. But even more so than heritage and hand craftsmanship, you are paying for a status symbol. Not to mention, none of those makes have a desireable reliability record. In essence, you are missing nothing! lol

You're missing a quality pop-out umbrella built into the suicide doors on the Rolls Royce. I don't know how I've survived with out one of those for my whole 9 months of having a liscense.

post-18112-1122697545_thumb.jpg

Edited by 91L3xus

To me what makes those cars is the eye candy.

The extriors are usually hand sculpted to be beutiful not publicly accepted.

The interiors are beutifully ergonomic and the leathers and wood make you feel like butter as the leather is soft like a baby and the wood is deeper than an ocean.

It is somwhat like Jag's they have some of the nicest interiors but everything that surrounds the interior is crap.

well ive seen the maybach up close and through the windows at the benz dealership (it was locked) they have the mmost convinient cabin..wifi stellite tv 4/5 zone climate control 4 tvs...u no..what u would expect to get from 300-400k...sure it would be nice to have one but who needs it? lol...i think a NAV and RSES is fine 4 me lol

Oh the Maybach is amazing, I've actually sat in one (our Benz dealer has one unlocked on the showroom floor) and you'll never find a car more comfortable.

The Maybach isn't designed for the driver though, we're discussing the differences as a driver.

I drove my bro-in-law's "Bentley Turbo R" on a few occasions. The details and workmanship(lotsa interior wood), was outstanding, plus this car accelerated like crazy, considering the fact that it weighs about 6500 pounds. I'll still take my 'ole ES 'cause I can use regular grade fuel, and get better gas mileage. LOL

I almost died laughing yesterday.

I pulled into the gas station here and saw this beutiful bentley.

I was like wow as i watched the owner dry the car.

Then i realised he was drying and wiping his own car that he just ran through the touchless car wash.

To boot he did it at a gas station.

Now under normal situations i think a bentley owner would get it detailed.

then again if he washed it ,it would be at home or even wash it at the touchless and drive home to finishi it.

I laughed because this guy was only trying to look all crazy rich but couldn't even afford to not wash it himself.

Just staying there to get a few stares and feel good.

To me the completly wrong reason you buy a nice car.

Again, why does a Rolex cost $30,000 when a Movado costs $1000? You pay for prestige, you pay for hand assembly, you pay for customization, you pay for exclusivity, and you pay because you can.

I absolutely have no desire to own a car like that. A nice LS or other similar strata cars but I can't imagine spending $300,000 for a car and I love cars, no matter how much money I had. I'd rather buy a luxury car to work in, a sporty fun car to play around in on the weekends, and a nice SUV for trips and such. I could spend $70,000 for each of them and STILL not get to $300,000. Its just not me.

But then, I wouldn't buy a Rolex either. Different strokes for different folks.

DSCN1452.jpg

Our Mercedes Club fellow's Maybach... I think he is the boss/ceo of the biggest TV station inCanada.

I too, wouldn't buy a car that much, i wouldn't even consider cars over $100,000 USD now. It just simpily don't worth it. a LS or a S Klass is plain too good, and its got everything already.

But it will be another story for those who can afford a $300K car. Nothing meant anything to them already, and they get those car almost FREE. Their company write them off, or pay for them, or its just part of their earnings, so why not have one. And those boss requires a car to represent their highness, they NEED that to show people. :closedeyes:

What Lexus missing is, Uniqueness i guess... Those cars are a timeless piece, its like a piece of art, their design and engineer are simply the best.

hehe, not to be an smart@$$, but using Rolex is not too appropriate... Rolex is like Mercedes, and if you know HIFI, its like B&W. These 3 companies are like a "marke" to their own industry, they have entry modesl from to very high end models. Maserati, Ferrari, Bentley, RR, Bugatti...etc Brands are more like GP, Piaget, IWC... etc watch companies. They all share some simliarities like: Low Volumn Sales, Rare, Timeless, Collectible, Best Designation, SUPER EXPENSIVE, and most people can't afford them :rolleyes:

its all about the image the car makes...bieng a CEO of a company....it doesnt make a good impression pulling up in a corolla...so thats y i bought a lexus...same thing with bigger companies just their standards r higher (million dollar deals, etc)

Funny i love my Movado and hate rolex with a passion.

To me a rolex is like huge chrome rims with so much edges it is always blinging at you so you can't miss it.

Besides it is a nice movement but nothing worth the money .

I would much rather have an everday seamaster and not the james bond one either.