Wats So Bad About Sharing Yor Liscense Plate #

indiasfinest

I've wondered the same thing. I suppose someone could get your address from your plate #'s if they find the proper resources (dmv contact and I've seen some internet sites that say they can give you someone's info from plates.). I used to hide mine, but I don't do it any more (I pitty the person that would try and break in to our house. lol My brother is a gun collector.). If someone really wants to find you, they will, plate numbers or not.

I've wondered the same thing. I suppose someone could get your address from your plate #'s if they find the proper resources (dmv contact and I've seen some internet sites that say they can give you someone's info from plates.). I used to hide mine, but I don't do it any more (I pitty the person that would try and break in to our house. lol My brother is a gun collector.). If someone really wants to find you, they will, plate numbers or not.

I think that it's mainly caused by paranoia. I used to block my plate # also....but not anymore. :)

I also wondered why a lot of LOC's members fail to put any information in their profiles.......simple things like where they live, the year & model of their car(s), etc.

well, sorry to say, there are crazy people out there. if they can get info from the plates, they would. I remember this one guy from some other forum, got mad at someone, for sharing an "illegal" story about how he got into a road race on I-5 by a Honda Odyssey and his GX. the hater started posting back "ur not suppose to be doing this stuffs. these are illegal" then starts asking weird questions like "who are you? what nationality are you?? If I find more info about you, I'd report you to the police". If the guy was serious, he would have gotten info cuz the guy with the GX always posted pix with his plates visible. so i dunno if it's really safe to post it up. for me, i try to take front pix instead of rear pix of the car, cuz i have no front plates (ooops. shhhh. :o don't tell anyone, lol. :whistles: )

you want to find stuff out about me.............use the search button. :whistles: :P

Am I to request all pictures taken by other people at lexus meets have my tag number blocked out?

Am I obligated to block out the tag number of other cars that I have taken pictures of and posted.

It is visible 24 hrs a day on the vehicle. Blocking it out just online means only the sickos are online. So what is to stop the guy in the vehicle behind me at the next stop light from copying down my tag number and finding stuff out about me?

I am making myself crazy with this crap. I got better things to worry about.

steviej

If someone prefers the privacy of not putting them online it's okay with me. Privacy is important to all of us to varied degrees. Try typing JUST your phone number into Google. (ex. 757-555-1212) and if you have your number listed Bada Bing! you can have your complete address, and a map to your house. Oh yeah, even a satelitte image of your neighborhood.

The trick is not to list your address, just your name. The phone company does that for free (at least Verizon does).

Denny