Denso Nav Update

The maker of the navigation system DVD is Denso. A leader in this field.

What I would like to know is what the cost to upgrade will be, when will I be able to upgrade and what new features will it have?

One new feature that I think would be a hot one is to use you mobile phone to pull up traffic data and then program that into the routing algorithum to find and adjust the route based on current traffic conditions.

The maker of the navigation system DVD is Denso. A leader in this field.

What I would like to know is what the cost to upgrade will be, when will I be able to upgrade and what new features will it have?

One new feature that I think would be a hot one is to use you mobile phone to pull up traffic data and then program that into the routing algorithum to find and adjust the route based on current traffic conditions.

Interestingly enough, XM Radio offers this type of service with their "XM NavTraffic" -- which Acura employs in their AcuraLink Navigation System.

XM NavTraffic link:

http://www.xmradio.com/xmnavtraffic/about.jsp

AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic:

http://www.acura.com/models/model_comfort_....asp?module=rl#

It really is a shame that Lexus doesn't offer this. It would be very helpful!

Mike

• 1 month later...

But not as an update to their current navigation systems. Look for this to come out on the next generation NAV in 07 starting on the LS430. Should be all new and probably will feature the next generation of LexusLink with live traffic etc.

Basically as far as functions go what you have is what you'll have, the updates are about $300 and include new POIs and updated map data only.

• 2 months later...
But not as an update to their current navigation systems. Look for this to come out on the next generation NAV in 07 starting on the LS430. Should be all new and probably will feature the next generation of LexusLink with live traffic etc.

Basically as far as functions go what you have is what you'll have, the updates are about $300 and include new POIs and updated map data only.

You mean you can't just purchase the updated NAV CD and pop it into the CD player and have it upgrade the NAV to current conditions? You must pay the dealership $300?--- for what? To perform what tasks, exactly?

You can preorder the Nav DVD update from Lexus-Parts.com

Their site also has do-it-yourself instructions.

You mean you can't just purchase the updated NAV CD and pop it into the CD player and have it upgrade the NAV to current conditions?  You must pay the dealership $300?--- for what?  To perform what tasks, exactly?

• 1 month later...

You can preorder the Nav DVD update from Lexus-Parts.com

Their site also has do-it-yourself instructions.

You mean you can't just purchase the updated NAV CD and pop it into the CD player and have it upgrade the NAV to current conditions? You must pay the dealership $300?--- for what? To perform what tasks, exactly?

The Updated Nav DVD is now shipping. I received mine today, took 5 minutes to install. You have to remove the rear compartment door and covers to access the NAV DVD drive.

Previous version was 4.05.01

NEW version is 5.03.05

too early to tell what improvements it added to the POI and maps. Cost $295 w/ s/h from Lexus-parts.com

• 1 month later...

I just received my 400h but since it sat on the lot for a month or so it probably could use the NAV update ...

How do I go about finding about what version I am currently running ?

All you will get is new POI's and new street maps. I don't think it will be worth spending $300 on? :unsure: I have talked to the dealership about a update and have been told it is probably not worth it...

QUOTE(JBWilliams80 @ Nov 18 2005, 06:25 PM)

All they do is put the disc in. And give you free drinks and food...

All they do is put the disc in. And give you free drinks and food...

So they don't actually give you the disc?

Thenew DVD remains in the Unit, that's what you pay for!!

• 11 months later...

It appears 'update' availability depends on which model and model year DVD you have. I sure would like to find out if my area of travel had been updated in the DVD for my 2006 RX400h which I got in April of 2005! Has anyone gotten an update or know where one can 'preview' changes to the map? :huh: