New S-class

ImranS

I don't care for the interior or exteror. The wheel arches fore and aft are too much, and the overall shape of the car just doesn't flow all that well. From the looks of this side angle, it looks as though the trunk is a knock off of the 745's awkward looking design. And, knocking off a 745's interior, oh that was brilliant. They had an extremely tough act to follow with the '00-'06(?) S class, and sadly, they didn't impress me with this new generation. Hopefully, it's one of those "have to see in person" situations.

looking at that exterior picture (not really seeing the rear end of it) but the rear is leaning towards that one car, forgot what it's called. it's the one that looks like an S-class on the front. is it a maserati? i wasn't sure what it is but that's how the rear end of this new S looks like.

oh man, i really forgot what that car was. but i just saw it in the movie i watched a few days ago "Be Cool" the one (if anyone has seen the dvd) that Sin LaSalle is driven in. :P

I think that you're thinking of the Maybach. Mercedes actually makes it, i think the exterior looks just like it. I exterior's cool looking, but the interior is defintely an ugly ripoff of the 7 series.

I think that you're thinking of the Maybach. Mercedes actually makes it, i think the exterior looks just like it. I exterior's cool looking, but the interior is defintely an ugly ripoff of the 7 series.

oh yea, maybe that's what that is.

yea, interior is ugly as long as it's based on the BMW 7 series. :whistles:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm quite disappointed that Mercedes-Benz went that route by ripping off the 7-series. There is nothing wrong with the 7series interior, but Mercedes-Benz has always had their own unique interior styling and that's now lost with new S-Class. I can live with the exterior, but those fender flares are too prominent on the car. I've always viewed the S-Class as a beautiful car inside and out, but not this one. I'll get use to it though. I accept BMW's styling now, even though I still prefer the pre-Bangle styling. Oh well...get the 2006 S-Class while you can! hehe. :whistles:

looks like the M45 interior....speaking of S class...im planning 2 buy an 04/05..what do u guys think

M45? I dont see any resemblance to the M45's interior at all...

i think he meant S class cuz he said "speaking of S class.... I'm planning to buy......" and so on.

i'd say go for it, if that's what u want while the design is still the current one. B)

What do you guys think of the new Mercedes S-class?  From pictures, I prefer the exterior of the old one.

Whats your opinion?

Agreed Imran.......I'd take the new CLS personally over the new S class. B)

:cheers:

looks like the M45 interior....speaking of S class...im planning 2 buy an 04/05..what do u guys think

M45? I dont see any resemblance to the M45's interior at all...

i think he meant S class cuz he said "speaking of S class.... I'm planning to buy......" and so on.

i'd say go for it, if that's what u want while the design is still the current one. B)

i meant look at the M45s interior it looks nice...m45%20interior.jpg

• 4 months later...

Mercedes is not really Mercedes anymore. It is Chrysler Corporation. That is a nice looking car, but in my opinion, it looks too much like a Dodge Durango. :rolleyes: . They now have Chrysler styling and quality, which is sad I think.

Way too much Chrysler-Dodge styling outside and inside this car.

The last "real" Mercedes were made in the 1990s in my opinion. <_<