Garage: Civic Or Ls?

VMF

what should i keep in the garage?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. what should i keep in the garage?

• civic
    • LS4oo

hey guys, i got a 2001 honda civic fully loaded in gold color with a factory ground kit and very attractive 17 inch rims. i already installed the compustar alarm on it but i'm still scared that rims or the whole car might get stolen. i have only 1 space in the garage, what do you think i should keep there? civic costs more then LS.

your opinions are welcome:) its a really hard question for me

I guess a civic is more of a target than an LS. How do you think i feel? LOL I Have 5 cars at home and only 4 usable garages...(the 5th is storage) I keep my Mercedes outside hehe No one is gonna try to steal that!

Leave the civic outside although i have both my civic and lexus in the garage my wifes sunfire is outside and man do i wish someone would steal it.

I agree with the guys, keep the civic inside the garage, its hard to keep the LS out in the open, but you gotta do what you gotta do to protect your property.

My LS sits outside 365 Days a year, rain, or sunshine :D

No , sorry i must have been misunderstood.

PUT THE LEXUS in the garage.

Insurance can replace the civic of any year and any conditino in a day.

A good well maintained lexus can never be found easily without alot of searching especially as you go older.

You can't replace a well cared for vintage.

last night alarm went off 3 times and the night before it went off once,

i forgot to mention that the civic has 17 inch rims and a body kit, and its in rather unusual color.

IMG_0004-vi.jpg

i'm getting scared, i dont have full collision for the car and i dont want to wake up 5 times at night when the alarm goes off:(

I would park the Honda in in the garage. I've owned 3 Hondas & they were all broken into. The Hondas are huge targets in my area & they usually turn up stripped. Keep in mind the people that steal Hondas are in it to get parts for their own cars. If the Honda was stolen it would be much harder to get it back to the state that you've accesorized it versus a stock Lexus. Most stolen Lexus cars turn up in one piece. Also unless you tow a Lexus away it's pretty hard to get into & hot wire a Lexus with the factory theft deterrent system. I've owned 4 Lexus & none of them have been tampered with & for the most part they have all sat outside. LOL with your decision.

i think i will either rent another garage or sell the car:(

alarm keeps going off around the same time every night, this is getting ridiculous, i have the car for less then 1 week and i already have this problem! i used to park lexus on the same street and alarm never went off! not even once!

i think i will either rent another garage or sell the car:(

alarm keeps going off around the same time every night, this is getting ridiculous, i have the car for less then 1 week and i already have this problem! i used to park lexus on the same street and alarm never went off! not even once!

Woah, are you suggesting the alarm goes off because people are trying to break into it??? or because of bass vibration/loud exhast from cars driving across the street setting off the alarm at night?

alarm goes off at certain times, like 4-4:30 am, no cars with bass our loud exaust drive in the area at that time. so i think some1 is checkin how sensitive the alarm is or how long it takes me to react when it does

put a camera on it. If you don't have a digital camera/recording system, find a camcorder that'll shoot one frame per second (or thereabouts) rather than 30 fps. I'm thinking about getting a similar setup to watch over my cars.

alarm goes off at certain times, like 4-4:30 am, no cars with bass our loud exaust drive in the area at that time. so i think some1 is checkin how sensitive the alarm is or how long it takes me to react when it does

wow, then I would strongly suggest garage, plus a back-up battery for your alarm, good luck man :whistles:

I thought you were just bothered by the sensitivity of the alarm from the near by cars.

newer car + target car and parts automaically=....carry the one.. integrate and take the derivative....put the civiic in the garage! ( sorry math finals are coming up) ^_^

integrate and take the derivative

Wouldn't they cancel each other out? :D

VMF does your LS have any physical blemishes on it? I would keep the Civic in the garage because honda stereos are more likely to get stolen.