The Switch To A Lexus

Just wondering what it was that made you think of getting a Lexus instead of the other millions of cars on the road today.......was it a hard decision? I know it wasn't for me  ;)

The LS430 commercial where they turn over the car to show how aerodynamic it really is even from the bottom.

Just wondering what it was that made you think of getting a Lexus instead of the other millions of cars on the road today.......was it a hard decision? I know it wasn't for me  ;)

Very simple, Lexus' reputation for quality, durability, re-sale value (helps when your trading in on another Lexus! ;) ) & you gotta love the styling.......not to mention low cost of maintenance, good power & excellent fuel economy! :D Why look at another auto maker? ;) B)

:cheers:

Very simple, Lexus' reputation for quality, durability, re-sale value (helps when your trading in on another Lexus! ;) ) & you gotta love the styling.......not to mention low cost of maintenance, good power & excellent fuel economy! :D Why look at another auto maker? ;) B)

their reputaion was a getter for me too

i was in an accident with my previous vehicle (95 dodge caravan) which was totalled. It had no AC, peeling paint, seats were falling apart, dents galore, hood release did not work, burned oil like a MF, tranny replaced 2 times, and had a 2,600 watt comp. stereo which did not help with keeping things together on the van. , so I was given the 95 ES as a gift which had more than the van ever had! I am loving every minute of the car. :)

oh yea, being 6'3", i was hoping i would even fit. Seems I have about .5" left of headroom.

style, elegance, reliability, and prestine.

Its the one make as with most of toyota that Age makes absolutely no difference. And that goes with all Lexus models since early 90's which have been cared for.

i picked an Es because it was more practical as a student and easier to work with. More things in common with its sibling the camry.

Might i add, Toyota is also another company where if they share chassis.. it is not a simple rebage and leather wrapped seats that make the car.

Its the one make as with most of toyota that Age makes absolutely no difference.  And that goes with all Lexus models since early 90's which have been cared for. 

i picked an Es because it was more practical as a student and easier to work with.  More things in common with its sibling the camry. 

Might i add, Toyota is also another company where if they share chassis.. it is not a simple rebage and leather wrapped seats that make the car.

Like you Neil, my first Lexus was also a black '96 ES Coach Edition. Granted it was a hand-me-down, but perfect for me when I was in college 6-7 years ago. A lot of my college buddies called it the "pimp-mobile" and would always ask me for rides and favors. Ahhh, how I miss those college days! :D

Before that, I had a '93 Nissan SE-V6 pick-up truck. That thing hauled !Removed!, and it was a nice pick-up to transport large and small items wherever I went.

Its the one make as with most of toyota that Age makes absolutely no difference.  And that goes with all Lexus models since early 90's which have been cared for. 

i picked an Es because it was more practical as a student and easier to work with.  More things in common with its sibling the camry. 

Like you Neil, my first Lexus was also a black '96 ES Coach Edition. Granted it was a hand-me-down, but perfect for me when I was in college 6-7 years ago. A lot of my college buddies called it the "pimp-mobile" and would always ask me for rides and favors. Ahhh, how I miss those college days! :D

Before that, I had a '93 Nissan SE-V6 pick-up truck. That thing hauled !Removed!, and it was a nice pick-up to transport large and small items wherever I went.

I baught Kate (my first daughter) a new es330 for her when she went to college last year; she loves it! I really do think it's a cool ride for a young driver! It's silver on black though (ughhh) i don't particurally like the silver but it seems everyone else does! I thought she'd like that black garnet pearl color; even i do LOL........ It's so beautiful.... Lexus's are really nice cars for EVERYONE

With the amount of Lexus vehicles you currently have, I think Lexus head office should give you your next one FREE!  :D    :)    B)

LOL you'd think wouldn't you..LOL All i get are newsletters....haha

I don't think dealers like me very much though, i argue with them a lot and make a big deal when things don't go as i expected (therefore i just shouldn't wake up each morning LOL). So i guess they have their ways....

Well, I was looking for a car and was having no luck with the amount of money that I had saved. So I stopped looking and prayed. :D All of a sudden I came across a 92 Lexus ES300! My prayers were answered when I saw the price. Its like it was a gift from heaven. Plus it was pearl and that ray of light shining on it didn't help LOL.

The main deciding factor was as a first time driver, I could own a "luxury" car that used Toyota parts. I was amazed at how many parts it can use from a Toyota. So, the decision was easy. And I love the car! I feel like a million bucks after only shellin' out $2,960 LOL :rolleyes:

Well, I was looking for a car and was having no luck with the amount of money that I had saved. So I stopped looking and prayed. :D All of a sudden I came across a 92 Lexus ES300! My prayers were answered when I saw the price. Its like it was a gift from heaven. Plus it was pearl and that ray of light shining on it didn't help LOL.

The main deciding factor was as a first time driver, I could own a "luxury" car that used Toyota parts. I was amazed at how many parts it can use from a Toyota. So, the decision was easy. And I love the car! I feel like a million bucks after only shellin' out $2,960 LOL :rolleyes:

I swear the best cars on the road...I had a 92 es300 and loved every year i had it until i sold it in 99 for an rx300...That thing had over 220k miles on it!! ( a lot for me LOL) The only bad thing about it was the paint after i got into an accident in it ;) THE BEST CARS ON THE ROAD!! Even beat BMW and Mercedes-Benz combined!

Before my ES300 "fell into my hands" last year, my first experience with the ES series was several years ago when I drove it at one of the "Lexus Experience" test drive events. I had always known about their excellent reputation and had been wanting one since they first came out.

I really love the ES except for the interior room. I hope to be moving up to a 99 or 00 LS by the end of the year! :)

It was one of the only two reasonably priced cars in town with a built-in navigation system. One other model was a good choice but its brakes took longer to stop and that kept driving me back to the Lexus.

It was one of the only two reasonably priced cars in town with a built-in navigation system. One other model was a good choice but its brakes took longer to stop and that kept driving me back to the Lexus.

for the most part the lexus navigation systems are very good (except for the 05). But they get you where you wanna go! ;)

Like you Neil, my first Lexus was also a black '96 ES Coach Edition.  Granted it was a hand-me-down, but perfect for me when I was in college 6-7 years ago.  A lot of my college buddies called it the "pimp-mobile" and would always ask me for rides and favors.  Ahhh, how I miss those college days! :D

Before that, I had a '93 Nissan SE-V6 pick-up truck.  That thing hauled !Removed!, and it was a nice pick-up to transport large and small items wherever I went.

6-7 years ago, wow... that car was pretty new then. Pretty fly car for a college student!!!!

My first car in high school was a 87 tarus station wagon. Good for space. Then i had a Buick Century. That one was my high school pimp mobile. NOt that i realy miss it anymore ;)

After owning 3 BMWs which had nothing but electrical & oil leak issues, then to an Acura Legend which was an improvement over the BMWs but had transmission issues. I wanted something more reliable. Lexus seem like the obvious choice. Now i'm on my fourth Lexus & love them. Best car on the market.

My wife had a 1997 bmw ..something......and she hated it. The transmission broke many of times, and the engine died in 03. It had over 240,000 miles on it, i can't say it didn't last long..but with a lot of help...!!!

From this my wife got an 03 gs430. WOW was that an improvement! she sold it this year (79k miles) for an 05 es330 which in my opinion is even better than the gs in many ways ;)

Like you Neil, my first Lexus was also a black '96 ES Coach Edition.  Granted it was a hand-me-down, but perfect for me when I was in college 6-7 years ago.  A lot of my college buddies called it the "pimp-mobile" and would always ask me for rides and favors.  Ahhh, how I miss those college days! :D

Before that, I had a '93 Nissan SE-V6 pick-up truck.  That thing hauled !Removed!, and it was a nice pick-up to transport large and small items wherever I went.

6-7 years ago, wow... that car was pretty new then. Pretty fly car for a college student!!!!

My first car in high school was a 87 tarus station wagon. Good for space. Then i had a Buick Century. That one was my high school pimp mobile. NOt that i realy miss it anymore ;)

Ughh i had a buick in the 80's :censored: boy was that thing a POS !! who makes those things anyway ? GM? Horrible cars except maybe cadillac.....

After owning 3 BMWs which had nothing but electrical & oil leak issues, then to an Acura Legend which was an improvement over the BMWs but had transmission issues.  I wanted something more reliable.  Lexus seem like the obvious choice. Now i'm on my fourth Lexus & love them.  Best car on the market.

What was your 1st lexus?

Ride (nothing else rides like a Lexus - not sporty but really smooth), comfort, safety, features, value, and RELIABILITY!

When compared to some European makers Lexus may not be the best styled, best handling, or fastest thing on the road, but they aren't in the shop like my Mercedes was.

I would NEVER buy a Mercedes built after 2000. $75K + for an S Class that has one of the worst electrical systems ever put in a modern automobile??? How can they justify the price? (No offense Lexkid - I'm sure your S600 is a sweet ride, but I would guess that it isn't your daily driver and probably not just because of the gas mileage.) The silver star is tarnished.

I have a good friend that is a Mercedes dealer and even he admits that the new Mercedes aren't what they used to be in terms of reliability - with most of the problems being electrical. I will give them credit though because it's hard to beat their styling and their engines. The AMG models are in a different class of production cars all together.

If Mercedes could do the styling and make the engine and Lexus could put the electronics on the car then you would have the ultimate ride.

I had BMW 330ciC that had been in the shop five times in the 7 months that I owned it. One day it developed yet another problem... I headed straight to the BMW dealership after work, and the Lexus dealership happened to be on the way. I was already in a foul mood, and I didn't particularly want to deal with the service people at BMW, yet again, so I turned into the Lexus dealership and left 45 minutes later with my 2000 ES. It's not the funnest car to drive, but it's nice looking and reliable (definitely what sold me that day).

Ride (nothing else rides like a Lexus - not sporty but really smooth), comfort, safety, features, value, and RELIABILITY!

When compared to some European makers Lexus may not be the best styled, best handling, or fastest thing on the road, but they aren't in the shop like my Mercedes was. 

I would NEVER buy a Mercedes built after 2000.  $75K + for an S Class that has one of the worst electrical systems ever put in a modern automobile???  How can they justify the price?  (No offense Lexkid - I'm sure your S600 is a sweet ride, but I would guess that it isn't your daily driver and probably not just because of the gas mileage.)  The silver star is tarnished. 

I have a good friend that is a Mercedes dealer and even he admits that the new Mercedes aren't what they used to be in terms of reliability - with most of the problems being electrical.  I will give them credit though because it's hard to beat their styling and their engines.  The AMG models are in a different class of production cars all together.

If Mercedes could do the styling and make the engine and Lexus could put the electronics on the car then you would have the ultimate ride.

you're right; the mercedes is nothing compaired to the Lexus's. Since i only have a few k miles on it, nothing's ever broken on it....I don't plan on keeping it very long though.