1995 Es Tranny Hard Shifting Out Of Park

I have a 95 ES300 with 89000 miles. The tranny shifts hard out of park. More noticible in the morning but much less when the car is warmed up. Is this normal? I was thinking maybe becuase the engine is at high rpm's when it's cold. Any input? I changed the entire tranny system with AMSOIL Synthetic ATF. Shifting on roads is much smoother but the previous problem remains.

It is normal for it to shift a little hard out of park when the engine is cold & the engine rpm's are high. However you may want to inspect the engine & transmission mounts. They are made of metal & rubber. The rubber portion will wear out due to normal wear & tear. Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...
I have a 95 ES300 with 89000 miles. The tranny shifts hard out of park. More noticible in the morning but much less when the car is warmed up. Is this normal? I was thinking maybe becuase the engine is at high rpm's when it's cold. Any input? I changed the entire tranny system with AMSOIL Synthetic ATF. Shifting on roads is much smoother but the previous problem remains.

I am having exactly the same problem. My engine mount was damaged, but after have engine mount changed, problem remains, did you find out the reason and get it fixed? anyone can help? thanks!

I am having exactly the same problem. My engine mount was damaged, but after have engine mount changed, problem remains, did you find out the reason and get it fixed? anyone can help? thanks!

could be transmission mount