Cabin Air Filter

where is the least exspensive place to buy one?

I tried all the large auto parts stores and no one carried a Lexus cabin filter. They all recommended me to my local Lexus dealer. Cost is right around $50

Buy a furnace filter and cut it to size. Works like a charm.

No way! :lol: Already been tried, it doesn't work.

In Canada, even with our smaller dollars, the OE filter is only $32.00 retail. My wholesale is $27.00 about - big deal. Buy the real thing.

where is the least exspensive place to buy one?

I tried all the large auto parts stores and no one carried a Lexus cabin filter. They all recommended me to my local Lexus dealer. Cost is right around $50

If it matches up with any Toyota filter you can get it from them at about half the price.

It doesn't match up with a Toyota filter - it is a Toyota filter - same one used in the full size sedans and SUV's apparently. Mine came in a Toyota box, with a Toyota part number, and fits all Lexus from 93.

I made my own cabin air filter out of a HEPA filter for your home, that I bought at HomeDepot. I had to cut it to match but it works great and it was a hell of a lot cheaper. Plus it keeps all of that other sh*t out of the air.

Will add picture later

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

I just ordered a cabin filter from elautoparts.com, and what they sent me was 2 inches too thick for my 2001 GS300. And that is the only filter they carry!

I called them and asked if they shipped me the right part and they said it matched the part # for a 2001 GS. I told him it wasn't close to fitting my cabin compartment. The picture on their website didn't even match what they sent me.

Anyone else know where to buy a cabin filter for less than $50+? I live in the Dallas area and the only place to find one is at the Lexus dealer

Correction, I ordered the filter from toyotaandlexusparts.com, not elautoparts.com as stated in my previous post

elautoparts.com actually has one listed for $13.73 in stock, plus shipping. helluva lot cheaper than the $35.07 I spent at toyotaandlexusparts.com for the wrong part

Are you sure they didn't send you the engine air filter, instead of the cabin air filter? I'm sure they'll take care of you if they screwed up and refund your money, including shipping. <_<

I'm afraid they did send me the engine filter, but when I called them he swore up and down that I had the correct part # to match the cabin air filter. They said I could send it back for a full refund, no problem. But that still leaves me without a cabin air filter. I called my local Toyota dealer, and they don't even carry a cabin air filter for a 2001 Lexus GS300.

I don't know who posted the previous message, but I'm not sure a Toyota cabin air filter is the same as a Lexus cabin air filter, seeing as they didn't even carry a Lexus cabin filter. They told me to call the Lexus dealer

hiya - i tried the home depot trick.... drove down to OSH last weekend, and got the best home filter they had ($15) and cut it to size.... after driving for a week, i have my doubts if it works as well as the OEM. I read somewhere that the OE has charcol something, somewhere.

My opinon of this DIY is... it is a nice hack if you have nothing better to do on a weekend, but I think the OEM has its benefits. (not to mention it fits perfectly... on the home filters i had to take off the wire mesh frame, and the size has to be exact or the dust will just go through...

If someone has better success lemme know.

Anyone else know where to buy a cabin filter for less than $50+? I live in the Dallas area and the only place to find one is at the Lexus dealer

Try calling Carson Toyota as suggested above. You can get the contact info from the website:

http://www.l-tunedparts.com

I've bought the cabin filter from Carson before so I know they can get it. :)

Are you sure they didn't send you the engine air filter, instead of the cabin air filter? I'm sure they'll take care of you if they screwed up and refund your money, including shipping. <_<

I'm afraid they did send me the engine filter, but when I called them he swore up and down that I had the correct part # to match the cabin air filter. They said I could send it back for a full refund, no problem. But that still leaves me without a cabin air filter. I called my local Toyota dealer, and they don't even carry a cabin air filter for a 2001 Lexus GS300.

I don't know who posted the previous message, but I'm not sure a Toyota cabin air filter is the same as a Lexus cabin air filter, seeing as they didn't even carry a Lexus cabin filter. They told me to call the Lexus dealer

I just received my filter from ToyotaandLexusParts.com. The bar code on the box says 'Element, Air Refiner', with the following part # 87139-50030 and it came in the red Toyota box. The charge was $25.50.

Herk

I just received my filter from ToyotaandLexusParts.com. The bar code on the box says 'Element, Air Refiner', with the following part # 87139-50030 and it came in the red Toyota box. The charge was $25.50.

Herk

I just cheked the site and they are listing the price as $35.07

Herk

I just cheked the site and they are listing the price as $35.07

That is correct. But when you place the order it shows only $25.50. I just replaced the filter in my car and it is extactly the same as the old filter.

BTW-The old filter was very dirty. I drove out for lunch and the air was on high for maybe a minute and then it went into low. Before I would drive to my destination and the air would be on high for about 5 minutes. I guess the clean filter does the job.

Herk

Uhmmm!?!?!? You don't ask for a 2001 Lexus GS300 Filter. You ask for a toyota SUV or sedan filter. Of course they're going to tell you to go to Lexus. :lol:

I made my own cabin air filter out of a HEPA filter for your home, that I bought at HomeDepot.  I had to cut it to match but it works great and it was a hell of a lot cheaper.  Plus it keeps all of that other sh*t out of the air. 

Will add picture later

Here is the pictures of my hepa cabin air filter. Keep in mind that it is dirty, I am getting ready to change it. I put it in 10 months ago and I live out in the country on a dirt road. I have removed it twice and used a air-compressor to blow it out. I believe that the whole filter cost around $10. And I can make 4 of them out of it.

post-11139-1113179000_thumb.jpg post-11139-1113179046_thumb.jpg post-11139-1113179083_thumb.jpg

i read somewhere that the oem filter has charcol or carbon or something to enhance the filtration.... can anyone comment on this?

dead - nice job on the filter. mine looks a lot crappier guess they have better hepa filters at home depot.