Who Has The Highest Mileage On Their Es 300

Hello,

I am a new owner of a 1997 Lexus ES 300 with 92K on it. I am wondering what kind of mileage I can expect if I baby this car which I will. I also want to know from those with high mileage what did u do as far as service, and fluids(synthetic,regular oil) I want to know as much as possible about this car and I apprecciate your help and input.

JT

Hello Fellow Lexus Lovers,

I just traded in my 1995 emerald ES300 with 165,000 miles on it. Yes, it still drives like a new car. It has perfect interior, and paint. Alloys, too. I know there are ES's with more milage, but that's my story !

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 98 ES300 with 250,000 Km. Just replaced the timing belt for a second time, no wear but it was stretched, looks like the O2 things are going, runs great and better than our new van. I am hoping to get 400, 000km out of it.

just hit 76k today on my 93..I've put 10,000 on it in 6 months :blink:

Not bad! Just hit 72170 miles had to replace 4 tires 205 60 R16 91V rating (Hankook H148) Installed and balance out the door (Total cost 325.00) 2000 ES300 :rolleyes:

120K and needs tranny work.

A 1994 ES300 came in the shop 2 weeks ago, it had 550K miles on it and came in with a coolant leak.

Everything under the car was soaked, everything under the hood was soaked. I could not pinpoint the leak because EVERYTHING gave way. The head gaskets, the water pump seals (both the pump and the bearing, close to smoking the bearings) and when I drained the oil, it was half & half. I could only do one thing... upsold a new LS 460.

Mostly the saleman who did the upsell though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 94 es 300 with 171,000 miles. Purchased five years ago at 119,000 with all the records. This has been mostly a trouble free car. Always starts and runs smooth. Replaced brakes, battery. timing belt, front axles, one oxygen sensor, wheel cover (wheelskins -- looks okay) and all four tires. I had a tune up last year. It is so quiet and drives like a dream. MPG only arond 20 and I freeway a lot. No special oil when changed.

The interior, on the other hand is getting shoddy. Leather cracked (yes i put conditioner on it), front seat has a tear now, buttons on the driver door panel fell down so the console is now taped to the frame with plastic loops, oh and the faux wood trim is so faux and fading, and the cup holder needs to be pulled out by hand. The interior was somewhat worn when purchased from a single mom with baby twins. I was pondering a newer (but still used) car with a little more flash, but this one has been super reliable. Now I'm pondering a redo of the drivers seat and new car mats. I heard that after 200,000 the trouble begins. Is that so????

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

I am a new owner of a 1997 Lexus ES 300 with 92K on it. I am wondering what kind of mileage I can expect if I baby this car which I will. I also want to know from those with high mileage what did u do as far as service, and fluids(synthetic,regular oil) I want to know as much as possible about this car and I apprecciate your help and input.

JT

Hi JT,........Well to answer your question my wife's 1996 ES300 has 285,000 miles on it with NO MAJOR repairs at all. Tires, brakes and oil changes is all it's cost us. I also put in Lucus injector cleaner once a month and change oil (regular Penzoil) every 3000 miles. Hope you have asmuch good luck. :)