Who Has The Highest Mileage On Their Es 300

1995 ES at 218,000, mostly highway miles. Just had some major work done but engine, tran, etc. still hum and burns less than a qt. of oil per 5,000 miles.

Maintained every 4,000-6,000 miles, first 3 years at Lexus and since at Toyota, regular "Toyota" fluids. Major repairs/problems include timing belt at 60K, A/C replace (essentially the whole guts) at about 100K, brakes twice, right CV joint last summer, and (last week) PS pump, timing belt, and firewall O2 sensor. Has gone through 2 batteries and several sets of tires (35-40K per set until I wised up and put H-series feet on it).

I plan to keep it until it dies or repairs cost more than 5% of a new one, whichever comes first. Biggest complaint I have is the weak low beams :blink: , and THANKS TO THIS FORUM, I now know how to fix that.

98 es300 purchased in 2003 with 90km, it now has just less than 160 km the performance and the appearance has not diminished at all. It’s been dealer maintained since new and I’m confident that it will go far past 250 km.

My 2001 Just clocked over 103,000 kms (64,000 miles). It's being semi-stored over the winter because my wife & I have to finish her lease on her 2003 Focus ZX5 (Ford credit would not take the car back early) so we currently have 3 vehicles, including her 'new' Subaru Forester. B) Now that my work location has changed, I will be putting 1,600 kms (1,000 miles) per month on the car.....use to be only 400 km (about 250 miles) per month. :blink: There goes it's resale value lol. :rolleyes:

:cheers:

Had my ES since May 19, 2005 - had 128,300, now currently has 134,700. So in 9 months I've put on give or take 6,400 miles, which is kind of suprising. I make trips out to Sterling/Great Falls almost every weekend, and sometimes I'll do a lap or two around the Capital Beltway, just because I'm that bored. Other than that, I just started driving it a couple months ago 12 miles round trip 5 days a week to school in D.C.

My 2002 4Runner had 83 miles when we bought it new in December 2001, and now has just broke 70,000 miles. Thanks to 4 yearly trips to North and South Carolina, New York, West Virginia and once through New England (to The Balsams in CT/NH). 51 months. Thats about 1,373 miles a month.

98 ES300, 171K, Certified Used. timing belt at 120K, change oil every 7K, drive 30 K per year, bought in 2001 with 34K, 3rd set of tires....4th coming up. Front brakes done once, rear ones to be done next week. Never changed plugs or wires. Also am replacing gaskets in trans. and oil pan next week due to leaks. Also trans filter.

????How many quarts of trans fluid do I put back? Should I use any special gasket prep?

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

C

• 4 weeks later...

odometer2.JPG

original owner 97, now have 148k. Stopped dealer maintenance at 100k. I change the oil regularly (myself) but have deferred most everything else. Strangely, dealer wanted to replace valve cover gaskets and p/s pump at about 80k (I declined) but p/s still works and engine is relatively clean. Timing belt was changed by dealer at 60k so I should probably do that again soon. Might take it to a Toyota dealer for a major service soon. I have had NO problems with this car, except charcoal cannister emissions issue that was repaired under extended warranty.

• 8 months later...

Mine's a '95 ES300 with 212,000 miles on it. I can't tell it's not brand new. In the 4 years I've had it, I've done all the maintenance myself. Got it with no records so if you don't know what's been done you have to go through it all. Started with new water pump, idlers, belt, plugs, valve cover gaskets and the last thing i did was new KYB struts with mounts. That's the one job I did that I actually noticed a huge difference just like the guys on here say. When these cars get older, the seals shrink and dry. This causes oil leaks. The most popular is the valve cover gaskets. There's a trick to getting that huge wiring harness to just fall away and grant you access to the rear. I used Bar's Engine Oil Stop Leak and the leak out of the rear seal and front seals has stopped. This stuff is a super seal rejuvenator. It makes them supple agiain. I've heard stories of guys with old small block chevys where the rear seal leaked quarts a month and it stopped. I added some with my last oil change and no more leaks! I'm sold. I digress.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1992 ES300

222,700 Miles

I replace some A/C components about every four years, lately need to replace Valve Cover gaskets & Distributor O-Ring(s) (leaking), but no significant oil burning. Bought used in 1997, @54,000 miles. Just can't kill this car!

1994 ES300 with 88,600 miles

Im the second owner and i have a stack of papers about an inch thick of maintenance papers. I have had absolutly no problems with it, but i think i need some brake pads and spark plugs.

• 3 weeks later...

'95 ES300 (Champagne of course!) with 214,300 miles. Did have to replace the radiator and rebuild the transmission along the way, but bought it in '97 with 25,000 miles. Even with all those miles, it's still smoother than what Detroit puts out today!

Think I'll get another one and break that one in.

• 1 month later...

Is there any other decent place in the fairfield county CT where I could take my ES300 for servicing? cheap and honest ?

Lexus of Greenwich is the only other dealership in Fairfield County. Although I've never taken my car there for maintenance, I have paid a visit for parts purchases and some quick maintenance advice from the service advisors. The nice thing about this dealership is that they are open M-F until 11PM (long enough to cater the hard-working crowd) :D

Lexusk8:

So which place do you go to for the servicing? I just bought a '97 ES300 and need to find a place where I can take it regularly, for preventive maintenance as well as for anything else that comes up. Your advice is appreciated. I live in lower Fairfield county.

96---154.XXX...I actually just bought mine last june with 148k miles, dont drive much but so far so good. Purchased it for hella cheap, and I work at carmax so I see qutie a bit of the ES models ranging from 93-2000 with over 200k miles so that speaks for itself.

Hello,

I am a new owner of a 1997 Lexus ES 300 with 92K on it. I am wondering what kind of mileage I can expect if I baby this car which I will. I also want to know from those with high mileage what did u do as far as service, and fluids(synthetic,regular oil) I want to know as much as possible about this car and I apprecciate your help and input.

JT

255k and change on a 1992 es3oo runs great .no smoke. very slight lifter noise.

Hi,

My 1997 ES300 just passed 215,000 miles and it's still going strong.

Just thought you'd like to hear that!

Bob Guise

Coral Springs, Florida

Hello,

I am a new owner of a 1997 Lexus ES 300 with 92K on it. I am wondering what kind of mileage I can expect if I baby this car which I will. I also want to know from those with high mileage what did u do as far as service, and fluids(synthetic,regular oil) I want to know as much as possible about this car and I apprecciate your help and input.

JT