Highlander Alternator

I read on clublexus.com that a Toyota highlander alternator is a direct replacement for my year model ES, a 96, but no one seems to be albe to confirm it. I would like a 100% yes or no before I spend several hundred dollars on it. The reason I want it is because it is a 130 amp, and since my alternator is going out anyway and I have I rather large stereo system,. I was going to go ahead and upgrade. Any advice would be appreciated.

unless someone has done it to prive it i have no idea

the highlander does have a 1mz-fe engine so it should have the smae alternator

but i doubt toyota used a 130 amp alternator

normal out put is usually 80-90 amps what would a highlander have to need an excess of 40 amp ?

I think someone is blowing smoke up yah

I know that the alternator is rated an 130 amps, that is how that auto parts sites list it. I just wanted to know if it would fit. So it would be the one for the 6 cyl. right? I am going to call the junk yards tomorrow and see if they have any. Biggest question i have I guess is if I need it. I have two Alpine amps that are rated about 1100 watts rms combined. Does anyone have a system with this much power and if so does your little 80 watt alternator hold up? I have an Optima red top with helped alot in my Talon (which had a 90 watt alternator btw) and I never had too many problems with the old car.

possible stevie

otherwise i have no idea what the increased amperage would be for

even if it is a proper listing

i wouldn;t be suprised it they mixed up the LX470 alternator amperage with the highlander

with proper wiring a cap and a yellow top you shoudl have no problem with an 80 amp alternator i don;t have much of an issue

but i have 1 amp rated at 400 watts by 6 channels which is proably equal to 1200 by normal distortion standards

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...