• HP/Compaq
    • Emachines
    • Dell
    • Gateway
    • Apple
    • Toshiba
    • Accer
    • Medion
    • Other-> Plz specify (cuz i think i named all of them)

We have a few computers....

-Apple Power Mac G4 Cube with 15" LCD--this thing is amazing, 100% satisfied.

-HP Pavilion-don't know the #....pretty decent desktop.

-Dell Inspiron 8600-real POS and would like nothing more than to set it ablaze to collect the insurance $$ under our homeowner's policy

-Dell Inspiron 8500-cheaply done, but not as bad as many problems as the 8600

-Dell Inspiron 8200-same as above

:cheers:

I have HP Pavilion 1100? (forgot the number) laptop and a HP Vectra desktop.  HP seems to be a fine brand to me, hasn't given me any problems so far *knocks on wood*.

that's great because before i bought my current Sony Vaio, I bought a more expensive HP Media Center. The problems popped up on me, on the 2nd day! First day, the TV tuner was working. 2nd day, TV tuner busted out so i called 1800 HP, or whatever the # was. Then they had me inspect the INSIDE of the PC (yes i opened it up and broke the 'warranty' seal). Then i decided to just return it since it was just a big problem.

To add to that, the pc kept restarting every 3-5 minutes, on it's own (even if you do activity on it or not)! :chairshot:

BTW, my old 98 Compaq Presario 5050 survived well. Only prob with that, can't use broadband internet (specs don't meet the minimum requirements). Anyone wanna help me ugrade it??? lol :D

An iMac most of the time because the Apple platform is virus and worm free and because I can stand bloated, complicated, glacially slow Microsoft software.

i've been thinking about that, but the systems seem to cost more than the IBM format.

I build my own systems. My main ones use AMD 64-bit 3000+ processors with 1 - 1.5GB RAM in each. I upgrade every 6 months or so, whenever the prices have become somewhat reasonable. I use a Samsung 192P 19" LCD monitor for each. The monitors are calibrated periodically with a Gretag Macbeth Eye-One.

Everything is networked and is connected to a 4Mbs cable modem.

first of all this ilist is far from being full and second of all i built my own boxes

this way i select the best components from different brands

if you want i can recommend you what parts to buy and can tell what kind of setup i got now.

blake what kind of probs you got with 8600?

i got this box on sale from dell like 2 years ago for my parents and its on most of the time and i didnt have a single problem with it.

I just bought a Dell last month. 4700 3.4ghz 1gb ram, 160gb HD. I also got a 17" LCD with it. The best part is the wireless mouse and keyboard. I also have my old Gateway which I still use which worked great for 6 years (with a few upgrades).

i plan on getting a laptop in a few months, and was wondering the difference between Mobile Centrino and P4. Which is better? so far i've been VERY happy with P4 on my Sony. thanx in advance