Dang...i Think I Should Have Researched This First

chrispiss

Hey, I bought a key off ebay that has already been cut, it was probably from a junked car. Anyway the seller advertised that you can reprogram it to your car and that isntructions would be provided on request. I haven't gotten the instructions yet, but I read on here that you have to turn the ignition on twice as one of the steps. Only problem is that the key isn't made for my car, so it won't turn in the ignition. Can I trick the car by turning my other key for this step? What do I do? :(

stevie, the guy said you could program it..and it was only $40 shipped. I figured I might as well give it a shot for it only being that much. I'm just more disappointed now because I can't get it to beep after I follow all those steps. I do the open door, lock unlock 5 times, close it, insert key, yadda yadda....but it never beeps. So yeah. I hate this.

good luck with cancelling the paypal payment they only refund if you do not receive the goods not the condition of any item

belive me i got stuck with mastercard ebay and paypal ,all saying their is nothgin they could do because i received the goods and they only get involved if i was defrauded by it not being sent which could only be handled by paypal as they did the billing

do you need a master key to program your key fob? i no longer have my master key (only got 2 vallet keys) and i wanted to buy a replacement fob from ebay, i was just wondering if I can program the remote without the master key. thanks for any help in the matter.

• 10 months later...
good luck with cancelling the paypal payment they only refund if you do not receive the goods not the condition of any item

belive me i got stuck with mastercard ebay and paypal ,all saying their is nothgin they could do because i received the goods and they only get involved if i was defrauded by it not being sent which could only be handled by paypal as they did the billing

Yep. Paypal's buyer protection is pretty much worthless. The buyer can say anything they want in an ad and even if the product shipped is nothing like the ad says, Paypal won't refund the money. As long as the seller ships something that's even remotely like what they advertised, it's OK with Paypal.

I still use eBay a lot, but with 2 rules:

1. I check feedback. Unless the feedback is >50 or 100 and AT LEAST 97% (preferably higher), I go elsewhere. There are few items so rare that you can't find a seller with 99% feedback.

2. I am currently over 1500 transactions on eBay and have had probably 5 that I got ripped off. Considering that I typically save about 30% average by buying on eBay, the 0.3% rip off rate is something I can live with.

Yep. Paypal's buyer protection is pretty much worthless. The buyer can say anything they want in an ad and even if the product shipped is nothing like the ad says, Paypal won't refund the money. As long as the seller ships something that's even remotely like what they advertised, it's OK with Paypal.

I still use eBay a lot, but with 2 rules:

1. I check feedback. Unless the feedback is >50 or 100 and AT LEAST 97% (preferably higher), I go elsewhere. There are few items so rare that you can't find a seller with 99% feedback.

2. I am currently over 1500 transactions on eBay and have had probably 5 that I got ripped off. Considering that I typically save about 30% average by buying on eBay, the 0.3% rip off rate is something I can live with.

I guess the best thing to cover your own a@@ is if your item does not work or in sk position the key was bent so you pretty much know you are being scammed just say you never got it. two can play the scam job right? then paypal will refund your money back?

I make part of my living selling on Ebay, so I have a clue about things. On disputes, Ebay and PayPal do what is in thier best interst. Right or wrong have little to do with it.

Good sellers that are very honist can get bad feedback becouse some buyer did not know what they were buying, or did not read the listing, and got mad. Or the buyer is just a nut job! Negative feedback can alert you, but read what the negative listing is. And any responce the seller posted.

You also have dumb sellers. I have seen sellers selling things that are not what they claim. They do not know about what they are selling and post wrong info on it. Ebay will not do :censored: . I sell SCUBA stuff on Ebay, and have seen others selling the same item I sell, or should I say claiming it is the same, but it is something completly diferant, in the wrong box. I report it to Ebay and the seller. Nothing is done about it.

And yes, some sellers just don't give a :censored: . After all someone will come along and fall for thier BS. Look out for shipping rip off's. Some folks sell stuff real cheep, and then charge more for shipping then you could have bought the item for at your local store.

So, it is really buyer and seller beware. Know what you are doing. Do your home work. Be willing to just say "NO! And pass on the deal. You have to look for the folks to stay away from. Not only look at thier feedback and how long they have been on ebay, but how easy is it to reach them. Do they give a phone number, do they respond to email? And so on.

Last, if you are a Buyer always pay with a credit card!!!!! Ebay and PayPal will not do :censored: most of the time, but your credit card company will! If you can show that the product etc, is not as listed or such, the credit card company will do a charge back. Most of the time Visa and Master Card side with the consumer. It is in the credit card companies best interst to keep the consumer happy, not the merchant. If you have a paypal account, and you use it to pay, if you have funds it the account, those funds will go to pay for the purchase, even if you tell paypal to take the funds from your credit card. And paypal will not tell you this. So, to be able to pay though paypal, and keep the protection of that credit card, take your funds out of your paypal account, or have two accounts.

If you are a seller only take PayPal and always track your shipments with proof of delivery. Over the years some folks have tried to rip me off, but if I show PayPal that the item was dilevered and delivered to the confirmed address, paypal eats it not me.

I will never take anything but PayPal becouse of this, I never ship to anything but a confirmed address, and always get proof of delivery. I also ship insured.

Ebay is just like the real world. There are folks that rip you off, and others that are honist. I know we have all been :censored: in at leat one face to face deal in the real world, so why should ebay be any diferant.

In short, you have to be carefull, and informed, and remember if it's to good to be true..... There are more bull$#@^ deals out there then incredable bargans, and part of finding the bargans is knowing the difreance between "Gold" and "Fools Gold" so to say.

• 2 weeks later...
I assume you are trying to program the door lock function on the new remote.  If that is the case, then you should be able to use another key.

So then you would have one key to open and lock the doors and another key to run the car? Is there a way to put the good key blade on the good remote?