Earthquake In Asia

ArmyofOne

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/12/2...uake/index.html

jeez, thats crazy. i lived in anchorage, alaska most of my life. and i never felt anything near the strength of a 9.0. the strongest i have ever felt was a 7.1.

crazy stuff. they dont happen often in that area (india and thailand) but when they do, its BIG. there were tsunami's associated ith this earthquake. prayers and thoughts go to those wounded/missing/dead and their families.

Terrible news for sure. But I think even more tragic are the 250,000 Iraqi soldiers and civilians our US government has knowingly and intentionally killed or mortally wounded during the past 19 months and the tens of thousands more we will kill or maim in the months to come.

Terrible news for sure.  But I think even more tragic are the 250,000 Iraqi soldiers and civilians our US government has knowingly and intentionally killed or mortally wounded during the past 19 months and the tens of thousands more we will kill or maim in the months to come.

deleted

I dont even put my opinion on the war ut anymore, it just *BLEEP*es people off. He was probably just trying to get a rise out of me cause of my occupation, but its all good. Thats why i do what i do, and thats why my dad did it fro 28 years, and thats why my grandfather did it for 30 years...so that he can have that opinion. B)

What a tragedy. :(

Sadistic, I don't think it's just your opinion....and well said! ;) Most of us here aren't interested in this left-wing hogwash. Also, to instantly pass off the deaths of 25k people to take a stab at US foreign policy under the Bush administration is just pathetic. :censored:

Most Lexus and Asian car owners are from comparatively liberal anti-war areas like the urban cities & suburbs of California and New England. So I think it's reasonable to assume that a good majority of Lexus owners voted for Gore during the 2000 Presidential election.

Gore has stated he would have never pre-emptively invaded Iraq. Therefore the 250,000 people who have been killed or been maimed in Iraq since April 2002 would still be alive and well today if Lexus owners had decided the 2000 Presidential election.

Most Lexus and Asian car owners are from comparatively liberal anti-war areas like the urban cities & suburbs of California and New England.  So I think it's reasonable to assume that a good majority of Lexus owners voted for Gore during the 2000 Presidential election.

Gore has stated he would have never pre-emptively invaded Iraq.  Therefore the 250,000 people who have been killed or been maimed in Iraq since April 2002 would still be alive and well today if Lexus owners had decided the 2000 Presidential election.

VGR, Gore doesn't have the gonads to cross the street by himself and in my opinion you are wrong about LEXUS owners. I think this thread should be closed it is way off track. :chairshot: :censored:

Most Lexus and Asian car owners are from comparatively liberal anti-war areas like the urban cities & suburbs of California and New England.  So I think it's reasonable to assume that a good majority of Lexus owners voted for Gore during the 2000 Presidential election.

Gore has stated he would have never pre-emptively invaded Iraq.  Therefore the 250,000 people who have been killed or been maimed in Iraq since April 2002 would still be alive and well today if Lexus owners had decided the 2000 Presidential election.

It's quite easy to say you would have, or wouldn't have done something, when you aren't the one making the decision. The fact that you are bringing up the Gore election is an absolutely joke. He might've invaded Canada because they beat his favorite Hockey team, or maybe Mozambique because he couldn't spell it. It still comes down to one simple thing...

IT DOESN'T MATTER!

It's the past, move on. It's a sad thing that troops have died, and the only reason that they have died is because of war. They aren't over there for target practice, weither they should be there or not is actually pretty irrelavant. Second guessing the one that's making the choice is ludicrous. Gore isn't there to make the choice, you're not there to make the choice. And frankly I'd rather have someone there who WILL make that choice.

The time for ridcule is over. The fact that you have turned a thread about Asia into a Bush Bashing Thread, is the single most disrespectful thing you could've done. You have zero tact sir.. Absolutely zero..

This thread definitely needs to be closed before it offends anymore people.

I guess no opposing opinions are welcome here anymore? I think public opinion is that the war was an unfortunate mistake. Blocking ot what you don't like isn't the answer. We all support the troops, it is the people making the calls that are suspect.

Terrible news for sure.  But I think even more tragic are the  250,000 Iraqi soldiers and civilians our US government has knowingly and intentionally killed or mortally wounded during the past 19 months and the tens of thousands more we will kill or maim in the months to come.

Please cite the source and numbers of your "statistics". Better yet , please don't try to turn this sympathetic thread into your own leftist political soapbox. If you don't have anything to say on topic, then you can just opt out.

I guess no opposing opinions are welcome here anymore?  I think public opinion is that the war was an unfortunate mistake.  Blocking ot what you don't like isn't the answer.  We all support the troops, it is the people making the calls that are suspect.

Perhaps you and that guy from San Fancisco could co-host a WOI thread, thus obviating the need to disrupt this one.

I have no idea what a WOI thread is? I saw a whole bunch of Gore bashing in this thread that nobody mentioned. I guess it is only okay to bash liberals? Maybe we do need a tidal wave here that just hits the east and west coasts to wash away all the liberals who bash Jr.

Everyone can help the Thailand people by using the new Thailand oil filters! http://www.saber.net/~monarch/oilfilD3.jpg

Look at the injustices the Thailand people have to deal with:

Thailand villagers say wealthy tourists got higher priority

Thu Dec 30, 6:41 AM ET

Top Stories - USATODAY.com

Ban Nam Khem, a poor fishing village hemmed in by expensive tourist

resorts on the Thai coast, wasn't missed by the devastating tsunami

waves, but its people complained that aid efforts are bypassing them.

Sorawat Kraipao, 42, manager of a fish processing company, was bitter as

he pulled what was left of his furniture from his wrecked home. He said

wealthy foreign tourists had gotten much more attention - and help -

than the village's Thai and Burmese fishermen.

"Help? It was slow in coming," he said. "As for the tourism, the

authorities gave that higher priority. Here it was quiet. The problem

was everywhere, but they focused on the tourist areas. The people here,

our lives don't have the same meaning as theirs."

It's the past, move on.  It's a sad thing that troops have died, and the only reason that they have died is because of war. 

It was and continues to be an unprovoked, elective war that the United States is conducting in Iraq. The estimated death toll from the tsunami has now reached the same general

toll that the US has caused either directly or indirectly in Iraq. The Iraqi

deaths were not the result of some unavoidable natural consequence, but rather

were accomplished as part of an intentional process. Tens of thousands of additional deaths in Iraq could be avoid if we would just cut and run right now.

Likewise, hundreds of thousands of additional dealths in Vietnam could have been avoided if we had cut and run during the Vietnam protests of 1968 instead of waiting until 1973 to concede defeat.

I'm sacrificing some money to help. THEY REALLY NEED ALL THE HELP ANY OF US CAN GIVE! :closedeyes:

i have given through work. a 4 digit sum, and i also gave $500 to a coworker whose family is homeless right now, so he could be that much closer to getting them all over here. how many others have given?? my church has as well.

it really angers me that so many people are against freeing an opressed nation. it also offends me personally, as i know many people who put their necks on the line, and 1 who has died. you would think if anyone would be agaisn the war it would be me, since i have lost one of my very close high school friends.

but the way i see it, what better way to honor him, and the other troops thathave died, than to go and fight in their stead? now im done with the WOI subject, drop it please. thats not what this thread is about. its about informing the site about the quake. if you have an opinion on the war, i kindly ask that you take it elsewhere please.