Turbo Es300 Almost Done

it looks very good I must say but if it were real you wound not get that much power. you must have the turbo as close as possible to the exhaust ports. down stream like that and you lose most of the exhaust gas velocity and u get nothing but turbo lag and not much power.

mcelligott that is really cool!

Have you done dyno runs yet? If yes what's your hp increase?

Are you doing air/fuel or ignition retuning?

Its not quite done yet. I still nee to install my FMU BPV and oil lines. I'm retarding the timing to -3 and using an s-afc with a wideband dyno to tune when it's finished.

it looks very good I must say but if it were real you wound not get that much power.  you must have the turbo as close as possible to the exhaust ports.  down stream like that and you lose most of the exhaust gas velocity and u get nothing but turbo lag and not much power.

Down stream? The pipe going down is my down pipe. That turbo is plenty close to the exhaust outlets and yes it is real. Sorry, you havent messed with turbo cars much have you? Lag doesnt make you lose power, it will just delay it for a few rpms.

it looks very good I must say but if it were real you wound not get that much power.  you must have the turbo as close as possible to the exhaust ports.  down stream like that and you lose most of the exhaust gas velocity and u get nothing but turbo lag and not much power.

Down stream? The pipe going down is my down pipe. That turbo is plenty close to the exhaust outlets and yes it is real. Sorry, you havent messed with turbo cars much have you? Lag doesnt make you lose power, it will just delay it for a few rpms.

I said not get much power because u are losing most of the exhaust velocity by the time it gets to the turbo because it is mounted so far away. your want the turbo as close as possible to the exhaust ports. and yea u will get lag a lot of lag with that distance u will be many thousands or rmp up before your turbo spools up.

I commend the effort I think every car should have a turbo. if I were you I would add a nice oil cooler. the es oil already runs extra hot and the turbo will only help it to run hotter.