You Must All Read This

Matthew_McNally

It has served Canada as well.

Live and let live is a great way to sum it up.

And yes it is the Cambridge plant i am going to get a tour for next year.

Right now it is only open to the welding shop ,which i couldn;t care less for coupled wth seeing a corrola being built.

When plans are firmed up i will post more about it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure. If EVERY country sought to reach out to everyone else and try and have a say or influence in the way they do things the world would descend into chaos. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

I wouldn't mind living in Canada, wouldn't mind living in Switzerland either. At least they can get on a plane without a cavity search. Anyone who has ever spent time in Canada realizes that its really very different than the US, people are less paranoid, less stressed, there's less crime, people don't lock their doors, even in the cities. Its just a different way of living and all Canadians I've met really like it. They might have high taxes, but they're not THAT much higher than ours and look at all the programs they get for that since they don't have to spend on such a huge military budget. You get a job in Canada you're set, might never be rich but you won't be poor either.

I live in Vancouver, BC and I think it's one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I live close to the city centre, and there are 3 ski hills within a 30 minute drive. The massive ski resort of Whistler/Blackcomb which is rated #1 in North America is a 2.5 hour drive away (1.5hr if I drive!). With our climate, one can golf in the afternoon and go skiing at night, as it rarely snows in the city. Snow behaves itself and falls on the mountains usually.

Vancouver is unique in that there are 100,000 people living in the downtown area within a 15 minute walk to the financial district, so rush hour is not as bad as in other major metropolises.

Did I mention water costs every household a flat fee of $250/annum whether you live in a 600 sq.ft condo or a 14,000 sq.ft mansion? There are NO water meters on any house in the city. We have three water reservoirs, each capable of sustaining the city by itself. One of which tends to get turbid after a big rainfall due to logging in the watershed. Duh.

I read in the newspaper a few years ago that the annual crime rate for the city of Vancouver is equal to that of ONE week in LA.

Medicare costs $55 per adult monthly and all doctor visits are free as are hospital stays. If one's income is lower than a certain amount, even the medicare costs are subsidized by the government. Woman having a baby? Free. Need to have emergency bypass surgery? Free. Breast augmentation? User pays.:(

I'm not a multi-millionaire by any means, but I'm not struggling, either.

My opinion is that if one is wealthy, quality of life in the US might be better than in Canada-although one must contend with the much higher crime rate- but if you are of the middle class, than life in Canada just might be better.