performance modes on a SC

nothing nothing and more of nothing, that you can buy from somewhere of course. You can however get custom exhaust done at a shop, open up the airfilter for cheap upgrades. or spend alot of money and get a custom twin turbo put on, its been done before and i believe the 430 put down 700hp.

WAIT....there are some mods for the SC430.

Just go to ebay and do a search for....NOTHING...

sorry I had to :D

But seriously there just isn't much out there. I guess not many people want to start changing things on their $50K+ auto.

The only thing I can think of is that there are a few supercharger kits out there for the SC400, they MAY be able to be modified for use in the 430.

• 2 weeks later...

i herd if you add some new wheels and some lexus stickers that will add at least 50 hp. :D

lighter than oem wheels can help you gain hp and tq. less rotational mass = less drivetrain power loss, y0! :P

MR. CURIOUS I WANT WHAT YOUR SMOKING BECAUSE WHEELS WILL NOT MAKE YOUR CAR FAST, IT MAY HANDLE A LITTLE BETTER BUT THATS IT, I'M INTAKE AND EXHAUST UPGRADES, PERHAPS A PERFORMANCE CHIP, TORQUE CONVERTER, AND FAT BANK ACCOUNT. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IS IT WORTH THE MONEY AND HOW MUCH HP DO YOU REALLY GET OFF THESE UPGRADES. STOCK SC400 ARE DOGS OFF THE LINE, BUT A GOOD KICK IN GEAR WITH POWER ETC ON AT ABOUT 30MPH WHEN YOU HIT THE GAS. NEED MORE POWER SCOTTY TO THE WARP ENGINE OR I NEED TO SELL. PLEASE OFFER INTELEGENT ADVISE AND DON'T WASTE MY TIME.

if you dont believe that rims make a difference in speed then slap on some 20" chrommies and see how fast you can go.

So you say 20" rims make your lexus faster I have never heard such crap, I can see smaller rims and tires would in crease wheel rotation which may give you a slight more power 0-30 but would decrease you top speed. I don't see how larger rims and tires would make a lexus faster 0-60 maybe top speed but larger will be slower off the line. That's the law of physics baby!

Hey New to the board.  Are there any perfomance mods for  the SC430?  I''m thinking of getting one but I would like to make it faster than stock.

I've been researching vigorously about hp upgrades on lexus 400 and 430, the best way they sat is to make the engine breathe better, change out intake air flow $200, and of course the stock exhaust system, that one may run you $1000. This if done properly should give you close to 40 more horse power than stock. Exhaust includes down pipes, high flow muffeler and cat conv. Headers if you really want to go all out. Then next would be a $850 high perf. torque converter for better off the line starts, which will give you 0.7 seconds on 0-60 times, and then the rest is smaller hp upgrades, smaller pullies, performance chip( say goodbye to smog checks), etc.... still researching already got the air intake system on order for my SC400 thats where I start.