Sylvania Silverstars

Who has upgraded their lights on their sc? I have seen the full hid conversion kits for like $400. But I was just thinking about putting some Sylvania Silverstars on my car for a temporary solution until i get the money for the full thing. Anyone tried this? I heard these are the closest halogen bulbs to xenon.

Who has upgraded their lights on their sc? I have seen the full hid conversion kits for like $400. But I was just thinking about putting some Sylvania Silverstars on my car for a temporary solution until i get the money for the full thing. Anyone tried this? I heard these are the closest halogen bulbs to xenon.

I got some in my main driving light, not brights, its not really HID, but its just a really bright white, lights up the road a lot better than others, it was $38 for a pair at wal-mart and I got the 9005 or 9006 ones (the ones without the black tips on the end), so a little sanding in the bulb grooves is needed to make them fit.

I drive a lot at night and love my Silverstars. I can definitely see a difference. I think my HIDs on my RX are great, but I would not spend the extra money to put HID in my SC. That's how good I think the Silverstars look and perform.

I just replaced my high and low with blue halogen. I still can not figure how to get to the fog lights. I also replaced my backup lights with blue halogen. All 8 bulbs cost about $70.00 on e-bay.

Jack your car up, take the front wheels off, take out the plastic wells, you will see the backs of the fog lights, remove them through there, dont yank them out because there is a small paper clip like holder that keeps the bulb in, disconnect the wire and plug in the new ones

I noticed in the picture the location of your licence plate. I made a custom bracket that droped the plate about 6". I think it looks better. My personal opinion.

are you talking about my car? I have recently gotten a new front bumper without a place for the plate so i have no holes.

Installed 2 sylvanis silverstars in my sc400 on the low beams, look really nice, alot better than stock. Hey JDOwen2 what is the number code for the running lights or fog lights whatever, and the turn signals?

like low beam is 9006

9006 for low beams, H3 for fog lights, 198 wedge for corner lamps, i dont know the blinker or parking lights, i suggest you unplug the parking lights because they are a pain in the !Removed! to deal with.

nevermind i figured them out, but another thing do my turn signals have to be amber i was reading about that they had to or somethin, so if i replace them it won't be any different color when lit...i'm confused

You can buy chrome plated turn signals with an orange base that way it still gives off an orange color but you cant see it when looking into the head lamp. it will just look chrome

9006 for low beams, H3 for fog lights, 198 wedge for corner lamps, i dont know the blinker or parking lights, i suggest you unplug the parking lights because they are a pain in the !Removed! to deal with.

The parking and signal lights are 1157 and they have the Silverstar ones too which look bluish, but turns amber when lit.

I also have the silverstars in my SC4 in the highs and lows. They are a LOT brighter and whiter than standard bulbs and look damn cool too. I put HIDs in my RX300 and I would love to put them in the SC too, but for the money I'm not really sure it's worth it. The silverstars cost me $19 each whereas the HID kit cost me $485. You do the math.