Wind Whistle In Sunroof

Leroy

We just bought a 1995 ES300 for our son and the car is loaded and very nice. The only problem is you can hear a slight wind noise from the sunroof. If you rock the "Tilt" button you can get it where it goes away. If you close the inner liner you don't hear anything.

Is this normal? DO I need a seal replaced or is there something more serious?

Thanks!

It sounds like the noise is fairly normal.....a new seal around the sunroof might help a bit but even my 01 ES (and many others between 92 & 01) have the same issue.......does the sunroof leak at all when it rains or any water marks on the inside of the lining? Just keep the shade closed when you don't want to hear the noise......that's what we all do. B)

:cheers:

Clean and apply rubber protectant or sillicone to sunroof rubber gasket. If sunroof is sagging and not flush with roof line when closed, then you will need Sunroof shims from Lexus dealer. I think they come in 2mm or 5mm sizes. Cost about $2-$5 each. Easy to install and will correct the sagging. For the ES300, the rubber gaskets are not replaceble.

Its the shims...There are 3 choices depending on thickness. They range from $1.78 to $3.74 each, for thicknesses 1.0-3.0mm.

Or you can make your own by cutting some plastic.

This is from a nissan but I imagine it is the same for the lexus.

313356_70_full.jpg

313356_71_full.jpg

Was by the dealer today and they said they should measure to determine which shim I would need, so I told them I would have them look at this the next service trip there. I can actually adjust where there is no noise now, so no rush.

Thanks for the responses, the people on this site are really great! :cheers: