Changing Tail Lights

Junior_ES300

Juan is correct. Unless you do some mods to the body on the rear end they will not fit.

I always wondered if anyone has ever "cleared out" any of the colored portion of their tail lights on theeir 92-96 like they do to the front corners. I'll bet it would look good and give the back end a fresher look.

• 2 years later...

So guys this is a old thread but i had my car for about 3 months or so now its a 1995 Lexus ES300 and at first i didnt do much besides taking out my air filter because the car sounds so much meaner without it but i know it isnt good. My latest mod was done 2 days ago i put my headlights in my OVEN, yup i baked them, the finished product was alot better then i had expected....

stock..484obrp.jpg

Part removed...34ikze8.jpg

what it looks like now...2gvkkyf.jpg

after baking my headlights and seeing how much better it looked i decided to give my taillights a shot in the oven and boy was i impressed they look great.. sorry i havent gotten any pictures of those on my computer yet but ill get some of them soon, i just did them yesterday.

let me know what you guys think of my headlights and then my tail lights once i get some pictures up!!

So guys this is a old thread but i had my car for about 3 months or so now its a 1995 Lexus ES300 and at first i didnt do much besides taking out my air filter because the car sounds so much meaner without it but i know it isnt good. My latest mod was done 2 days ago i put my headlights in my OVEN, yup i baked them, the finished product was alot better then i had expected....

stock..484obrp.jpg

Part removed...34ikze8.jpg

what it looks like now...2gvkkyf.jpg

after baking my headlights and seeing how much better it looked i decided to give my taillights a shot in the oven and boy was i impressed they look great.. sorry i havent gotten any pictures of those on my computer yet but ill get some of them soon, i just did them yesterday.

let me know what you guys think of my headlights and then my tail lights once i get some pictures up!!

I'll bite.

What do you mean by baking?

Can you give directions?

What purpose does it serve?

gb

purpose it serves is just an appearance mod, in other words it serves no purpose but its just for looks.

Directions:

1. Remove headlights or tailights from car, for headlights its only 3 bolts that hold it in place, for the taillights you must remoe the bolts from underneath the carpetting inside the trunk 4 or 5 bolts on each taillights. They should just slide out.

2. There is one screw on the outer side of each headlight to be removed. On the taillights the license plate lighting connector must be removed from each and just a few screws on each taillight removed before baking.

3. Preheat oven to 200.F, Place headlight or taillight on sheet of foil or cookie tray for about 15 to 17 minutes. (took me about 17). Remove from oven and pry it open remove the shiny glass from the headlight cover and remove the amber seperate insert inside the headlight cover.

4. Your almost done. For the tailights its the same process, Oven for about 17 minutes, pry it open remove the screw holding down the amber turn signal insert. and put it halfway back together or as much as possible.

5. After you push it back together as much as possible place it back in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and push it back together, place all the screws back in and your ready to put it back into your car.

Mine is a 95 so im not sure about the other year lexus taillights. My 95 had white turn signals, the insert gave the singal the amber color so i went to my local auto parts shop and bought actual amber colored light bulbs. In my opinion it looks great. (Baking just means putting them in the oven to loosen the glue or windshield glue that hold the lights together)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming no one liked my post or found it useless?

How, where did you learn about the baking process...??

Very interesting for me as I would like to remove the red lens inside my RX300 tail lights.

Check back here within the next few hours for pix of my tail-lights, im actually at work til 5. I was looking forward to hearing some feedback from people on how this little mod looks. :unsure:

I actually learned about the baking of lights on cars a long time ago i just never saw myself trying it out until not to long ago. I was unsure about what to do when i removed the lights from the car so i opened up google and just looked up headlight baking and it gave me a few forum links and i just followed the instructions someone left to removing the amber from a Subaru WRX. My moms got a RX300 sounds like im gonna have to try that out once i have some time. :cheers:

looks good man. I personally like the stock look though. Nice ES though.

What is your interior color called? I have the same color. It's like a purplish brown but what the official name?

Thats a good question, Lets ask the guys on the forum what our color is called, it is a brownish purple, Thanks for the compliment. You really like the stock amber in the lights rather than it out? :blink:

So guys what is this color called?