Changing Tail Lights

Junior_ES300

• 4 weeks later...

Dark Taupe

Thanks! Now i just gotta figure out how you pronounce that word, lol :blushing:

Pronounced like "toe" with a 'p' on the end. Here THIS LINK includes an audible guide to the pronunciation.

As for the lights...I like it a lot, in fact one of the things I despise about that particular Model ES is that amber strip in the center...it's way to busy. The all clear gives it a look similar to the 2000 tailights. I had the tailights replaced on my 97 with the newer 2000 tailights...my nephews immediately noticed the difference after not seeing the car for a couple months. They ran around front to see if I did anything spiffy to the headlights too...only to be disappointed, lol

Good look :cheers:

• 6 months later...

I havent been on here for a WHILE... you guys will like this thread!!!... (This is where ive been spending my time) Sorry i forgot about you guys thought id get you some kind of update though) I made alot of changes to my car since you guys last heard from me... you guys are awesome :)

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272289

• 1 year later...

Gotta question. Earlier on in this thread someone said at '92-'96 ES300 tail lights are swappable. I've got a '93. I want to replace my tail lights with '96 tail light b/c mine are very ugly and worn. The '96 is getting parted out and the tail lights are in great shape.

Are ya'll positive I can use '96 tail lights? I know there were some minor body changes after '94.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Oh nooo!!!!

The tail lights do not fit. :o

They're '96 tail lights (or at least the seller said they are), and they definitely will not fit my '93 es300. They use the same four bolts, but the bolts are spaced differently--don't line up with the bolt holes.

Saaaad day.

Maybe I can sell them on ebay?