Anti-theft Measures

NJLS430

I recently purchased a 2001 LS430 with Navigation/Mark Levinson, and am really enjoying it. However, I have a concern that perhaps the high tech key isn't sufficient protection against theft. Does anyone have a suggestion for additional arming/anti-theft devices? (I also have Lexus Link, but am not sure how it can be used in this way. Is it comparable to Lo-jack?) Thanks, Diane

The key will do nothing for towing it away.

The only thing that might help is a system that pages you so you can watch form a window and call the cops not to run after them as a few people have gone to jail for beating the crap out of theives in their car.

i dont know anythign about how good the alarm system is but im pretty sure its efficent, lexus wouldnt jsut put in something that wouldnt work would they??

i had a friend that had a accord that he couldnt drive since he doenst have his license, but he has been fixing it up since he was 14, so anyways he has no alarm in this car, so what he did was he hooked up a blinking led light that he drilled and installed into his dash, it looks like a real alarm system hehe, DIY thief deturrents in their greats form hehe

i have a 2 way alarm that will page me if some1 even touches my car, it reports if the door has been opened, or hood or trunk or if the engine is started.

makes me sleep better at night.:)

i also have lo jack installed, so if i will receive a page that the door is opened or smth like it, or that some1 banged the car i will just call the cops. i would not go outside to get shot or stabbed.:) oh and another thing, if your car is garaged it decreases the chanse of loosing the car drastically.

At one point in my madness i was going to connect a coil pack and a 2 tips in the seat bottoms ,so if the car is opened with the alarm on it will turn a motor on to move the tips up to flush under the leather. When the THEIF sits it would peirce the leather but not be felt as it is not much above the seat. then once it is started it would turn the coil pack on and shock the !Removed! out of their balls and anything else down their.

But i figured they might crap themselves a few times in my car ,so i didn;t bother.

But it would be set to keep incompasatating theperson once movement is felt to help keep them comfortable until i return.

lmao

Oh ,did i mention i am a nut .

At one point in my madness i was going to connect a coil pack and a 2 tips in the seat bottoms ,so if the car is opened with the alarm on it will turn a motor on to move the tips up to flush under the leather. When the THEIF sits it would peirce the leather but not be felt as it is not much above the seat. then once it is started it would turn the coil pack on and shock the !Removed! out of their balls and anything else down their.

But i figured they might crap themselves a few times in my car ,so i didn;t bother.

But it would be set to keep incompasatating theperson once movement is felt to help keep them comfortable until i return.

lmao

Oh ,did i mention i am a nut .

ha ha ha...........thats the funniest thing i've heard in a while......lmao :lol::lol:

I have the autolock device that attaches to the brake pedal (strongest part of the car). In addition I have the special key you mentioned & an engine immobilizer. However there is no such thing as completely theft proof car......only a deterant. If the theif want's it that bad, they will get it......but for the most part they don't want to be there long so they usually move on to a more easy target. B)

:cheers:

I have a two-way alarm with pager like VMF, but I, like VMF, also live in Brooklyn, which gives me more of an incentive to keep my car secure. Like he said, I wouldn't go chasing a car thief so I could get shot, but this way, at least I know if someone's in my car, opened the hood, etc., and can call the police quickly. I also have the un-brake-able autolock that lexusfreak mentioned. It comes with a $5000 guarantee against theft, which wouldn't be much in the price of a new 430, but takes care of most of my concerns about having my car stolen.

Also, just wanted to emphasize that where you park is the main concern. I used to have a Ford Explorer with an alarm, living in the same place in Brooklyn that I do now. I parked on the street at that point in time. I had an expensive audio system in there with some subs and a TV & PS2, and somebody smashed my window at 2 in the afternoon and grabbed everything. I heard the alarm and ran outside only to see three guys fighting over my equipment. When they saw me, they ran. Needless to say, the first investment in my Lex's security when I got it was to rent a secure parking spot with a camera above it.

My wife grew up in Brookly so we spend a lot of time there. In fact we will be in Brooklyn tomorrow. We had one car stolen, a 69 Baracuda. We went out to a bar and got in a 3:30 or so and parked a couple of streets over. The next morning about 10AM when we went over to get the car to go to a wedding, it was gone. There was a space in the exact spot. That is not all that normal (empty parking space) in Brooklyn. We walked around several other blocks suspecting that we might not remember where we parked, but no, it was gone.

The next day the cops call my wife and tell her they found the car in Bushwick. I can't speak for now, but in 1977 you did not go in Bushwick at night. The next day she went over and she couldn't find it after the tow truck got there and they said it was stolen again,