Reverse Shift Indicator

hughes369

This is SNAKE again. My 1992 LS400 is having a Reverse indicator light illuminate everytime the brake pedal is depressed. Why is this? Is this related to the brake light sensor , cause its lit up too. I have checked all those bulbs, and going to try what some of the other posts have suggested on the brake light issue. I also have cleared the airbag light, thanks to the guy with the hands on site. The transmission seems to disconnect from the engine so to speak when the brake is applied, almost a jerk is felt, WTF, is this normal? This LS has about 170000 miles on it. Any help is greatly appreciated. This has been doing this since i bought it with 135000 miles on it.

Thanks for any input,

The "Snake"

magnumpi300@yahoo.com

I will try these suggestions about the left hinge area. I am hoping you guys are refering to the reverse shift indicator inbetween the tach and speedo having something to do with the wiring in the left hinge area of the trunk? About the transmission jerk i feel, i just think this is way to excessive when it disconnects from the engine. The fact that i notice it is enough for me to write about it. My moms 98 ES300 does not have a transmission like jerk when i apply the brakes on it, why does mine? Thanks for the replys, ill keep checking back for more suggestions or ideas.

later,

THE SNAKE

Here is a link to exactly how to fix the broken "white with black stripe" wire in the left trunk hinge. This broken wire also caused the transmission to shift erratically when it broke on my 90 LS - so erratically I almost had the car towed. The broken wire takes only a few minutes to fix.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...wtopic=1294&hl=

THanks for all the help. The Snake has fixed the Reverse indicator, it was the broken wire on the left hinge in the trunk. And i also figured out the lower left side brake light, 1157 had a element that looked connected , but had some kind of corrosion or some sh@!@%t growing inside the bulb where the filament attaches to the filament wire stand. So i replaced that bulb, and the warning light on the dash went out for good.