Has Anybody Driven The Chrysler 300c

amf1932

I'm looking for your feelings concerning the 2005 Chrysler 300c, compared to anything in the Lexus lineup of models. It has some pretty impressive stats. :rolleyes:

Hi amf1932!! :)

Although I haven't driven one - YET - I plan on doing so as soon as my local Budget Rent-a-Car gets some in. [apparently they bought 6 300's - and I think two of those are the '300C' model] I absolutely LOVE the look of the new 300's. It's the type of car I would design for myself. [if I could do such a thing!!] It appeals to me on so many levels. Everytime I see on on the road - my heart skips a beat. Admittedly - I've always been a big Chrysler fan. [1955 models and up - mostly] I used to own a 1962 Chrysler New Yorker. Have you ever seen one of those? The dashboard is especially interesting. It's so futuristically fantastic!!

Check out my Yahoo Group - if you like!!

CanadaCraig's Chrysler 300C Yahoo Group

Craig!! :)

I drove the 300c at a test track for a chrysler tour a few weeks ago

it is nice needs a better exhuast to get the deep notes out

handles like a truck ,real heavy feeling

the magnum which is the wagon version actually handles mmuch better ,i guess the stiffer chasiss is much better for turns and raod feel ,it was somewhat disappointing as i thought it would be the other way around. i like the car but the high waistline and dash make it a bit hard to see out of easily unless yoiu are over 6 feet

i work as a vallet manager once in a while on weekends, its a hobby of mine and drove one of those. it is pretty nice and powerful car. the loaded 5.7 hemi edition is very very nice but its still far from lexus. interior looks pretty cheap comparing to any lexus and suspension is not that great. but i gotta give it to the car it handles and accelerates pretty good.

....the loaded 5.7 hemi edition is very very nice but its still far from lexus. interior looks pretty cheap comparing to any lexus and suspension is not that great. but i gotta give it to the car it handles and accelerates pretty good.

Hi VMF!! :)

At the risk of sounding argumentative [and I don't really want to sound that way] would you say the the 300C is HALF the car the LS430 is?! I say that because you can buy TWO fully loaded 300C's for ONE LS430. [at least in Canada - you can]

I agree - some of the interior 'bits' could use a little polish - but still.. hard to argue with a big 4-door American sedan that can get to 60 mph in just 5.3 seconds!! [according the Car&Driver magazine]

Someone's customized 300C - gotta love that grill - could be an 'Imperial'!!

Still... IF I ever bought one - I think I'd rather wait a year to see how well it holds up. I'm not worried about the car - overall - but the multi-displacement engine thing worries me a bit.

craig i'm a big fan of crysler myself, dont get me wrong, b4 i got LS io had a chrysler concorde and actually when i went to the auction to get a new car i was about to buy a 300m but there were non and that is why i ended up with the lex. what i mean cheap interior i mean bad parts and materials. in 3 years whole interior is gonna start falling apart, stereo is gonna stop working and whole interior is gonna b pretty noisy, but the design is awesome its much better then LS on the outside, but interior is still has to be worked on.

It's a Chrysler. The only d-star car I owned (my first one) was recalled 4 times and the engine failed at 40,000 miles. A 1995 neon bought new. Why is Chrysler #1 in initial quality? Because initially, it's a great car. Until you drive it 3 months. It looks good. You get what you pay for. Any new car drops 30% the moment it goes off the lot. I prefer cars with a long track record for reliability. It looks good. The 300C is a car I would lease. If I even had the clams for that. This car is nowhere near twice an LS430. You get what you pay for. Unless you're buying a Mercedes or BMW. Then you don't. I could generalize that to all German cars, but Porsche has managed to maintain their build quality record.

Hi VMF and AWJ!! :)

I guess we can only go by our OWN personal experiences. Of the two Chrysler products that I've owned [a 2001 Jeep TJ and a 1996 Dodge Caravan Sport] both of those vehicles were absolutely problem free. And I mean problem free. Never once did I have to bring 'them' in for anything other than scheduled maintainance. I hope you're wrong about the future of the new 300's. Oddly enough [and sadly enough - I suppose] the fact that Mercedes is so closely connected to the 300's does not guarantee reliability. How times have changed.

I took the 300C for a spin about three weeks ago. I too love the styling, definately a huge step forward for Chrysler.

BUT, the car isn't a luxury car, at least not one that can compete with any Lexus (let alone an LS430) doesn't feel nearly as refined as my car although it does ride well. It has rough edges in its engineering, engine a little bit coarse etc. Interior materials while put together very well for a Chrysler are still not of as high quality owners of Japanese and German luxury cars are used to.

Its a great Chrysler, but not a serious alternative to something like a Lexus or BMW. Maybe a Cadillac. I would still buy my ES300, even though its front drive and only a V6.

my old concorde has 170k miles now and still going strong, Ac is gone and there is a second tranny in there but otherwise its fine, what i mean is they are falling apart inside. they might be reliable cars but in 3 years when they will hit mileage above 50k leather will go bad, all plastic parts will fell off or will make terrible noise while driving, it might start having electrical problems etc. its good while its new but its a chrysler and of course you cant compare to lexus in terms of comfort and reliability. i have 135k on LS and all the parts are original!!!

That varies though. My aunt has a 96 Town and Country van with like 150k miles, and its even been in a pretty bad accident and repaired, and its still going strong. Leather still looks good, still rides and looks good. A little worn but not bad for a 8 year old car that hasn't really been cared for properly.

There's exceptions to every rule.

Hi VMF!! :)

I believe the sporty Intrepid was called the SXT.

I've driven the SRT-4 Neon. A lot of fun - that's for sure. And surprisingly quick. But those SEATS!! YIKES!! For someone MY size - it's a lot like trying to squeeze a size 12 foot into a size 4 shoe!!

I like the fact that I love ALL cars!! I can get excited about a Hyundai!! [well... after a few drinks!!]

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...