Gold Lexus Emblems

greggebhardt

I had the gold trim package installed on my 2004 LX470. The emblem in the front grill looks like new. BUT the two on the rear door, after on a few months, show the gold wearing off down to the chrome underneath it. Thats alot of money for a few months of looking good and I bet Lexus will not do anything.

Does anyone know of a company that sells these same items with more than 1 micron on gold applied. There has to be a better product.

Have you been running your LX470 through automatic car washes at your local gas station? If so, that is the reason for the wear. Once you install the Gold package, you are locked into hand washing. I had the gold package on my last car and it came with a big warning statement saying not to go through car washes.

(Brushless would be okay however.)

greggebhardt, I would go to the dealership you bought it from and explain you disappointment and demand they replace, not replate your emblems. I just replaced my emblems on my '97 LS. They look so good!

Let us know what action you take and your results. ;)

I had the gold trim package installed on my 2004 LX470......show the gold wearing off down to the chrome underneath it....and I bet Lexus will not do anything.

Dude -- first of all -- gold package? That's so...uh...90s :rolleyes: But that's my opinion -- different strokes...as they say.

Seriously though -- I'm surprised that you seem to feel bitter with Lexus before checking with them. I've had nothing but exceptional customer service from my Lexus dealership and service department.

They've had plenty of reasons for not covering one thing or another, but have come through with flying colors each time I've gone to them with an warranty issue. The only time something wasn't covered was due to an incident I had with a boulder and my rear driveshaft. I suppose I could've argued with them, but it wasn't worth the hassle.

check with the dealership -- there should be some kind of coverage for the gold plated stuff.

I had the gold trim package installed on my 2004 LX470......show the gold wearing off down to the chrome underneath it....and I bet Lexus will not do anything.

Dude -- first of all -- gold package? That's so...uh...90s :rolleyes: But that's my opinion -- different strokes...as they say.

Seriously though -- I'm surprised that you seem to feel bitter with Lexus before checking with them. I've had nothing but exceptional customer service from my Lexus dealership and service department.

They've had plenty of reasons for not covering one thing or another, but have come through with flying colors each time I've gone to them with an warranty issue. The only time something wasn't covered was due to an incident I had with a boulder and my rear driveshaft. I suppose I could've argued with them, but it wasn't worth the hassle.

check with the dealership -- there should be some kind of coverage for the gold plated stuff.

Dude? Now that's dated.

Sorry if my Gold Emblems are not your taste. They are mine and I like them. I certinally would not make a negative comment on your plain chroooome emblems. :chairshot:

There are just certain colors that gold emblems look good in then there are others that silver looks good in. Plus, if you match the emblems with like stripes around the car and wheel caps then any color of emblem would look good with any color of the car; you just have to coordinate everything.

There are just certain colors that gold emblems look good in then there are others that silver looks good in. Plus, if you match the emblems with like stripes around the car and wheel caps then any color of emblem would look good with any color of the car; you just have to coordinate everything.

Not sure of my 2004 LX470 color, I think they call it Artic(?) White metalic. If Lexus does not have better, I am going to get these emblems powder coated. My friend owns a company that does this and he says I can get any color he offers and it will NOT rub off.

I am thinking BLACK on the Artic(?) White. :lol:

Dude? Now that's dated.

Sorry if my Gold Emblems are not your taste. They are mine and I like them. I certinally would not make a negative comment on your plain chroooome emblems.:chairshot:

Take it easy bud. As I said originally, different strokes for different folks. If you like the gold, fine. Although it's not my style, it's even less my style to pay the extra $$$$$ for plating that (at least in your case) doesn't last.

Get your dealership to pony up for the weak plating.

And...black would look much better with the Arctic White.

One more thing --- at the rate I'm going, the look of chrome emblems is the least of my concerns...

:chairshot: right back at ya!

:cheers:

Purchased new chrome emblems form the dealer and have sent them to my friend to be black powder coated. I think it will look nice. The dealer did offer to replace the two rear door emblems with new ones but I told them not to worry about it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Greg:

Make sure to take pics and post them after you put the black ones on! B) I'm betting it will look way cool!

Still got another 2 weeks before they will arrive.

Wondering how hard it is to change these emblems. If it involves removing the interior fittings, I will let hte dealer do it.