1992 Ls 400

Grandpa

I was looking at the LS 400 today in the paper, and it is only selling for about 9k - 11k... this is pretty cheap for a nice car... we have about 200k miles w/o a single breakdown and the car is only worth 10k??? geez, thats crazy i would atleast think its worth 2k

I think it's very interesting... my friend bought a used saturn for 10k, and it has no leather interior, mostly cotton and plastic, no cruise control or half the functions I have in my 92 LS 400... and the LS 400 is rated one of the most reliable??? if that's so.. i dont think the mileage would matter even though i have 200k miles :) to his 30k

Yeah. If your car has been well maintained over the years the engine and other components will last long but you might ran into suspension and electronic problems.

Same for the interior and the paint; if it has been maintained by protecting it the paint will still be glossy and the interior will be new too.

yea... im only having electrical problems right now with lights and leds inside and outside but thats easy to fix... aboutn 100 dollars to replace everything so, no biggie... but the engine hasn't died once on me...

Thats what im learning right now, trying to DIY majority of the stuff, but like getting my A/C system vacuumed, retrofitted, i couldn't do that myself since i dont have the gauges and the pump to do it so... it was 110 well spent for air conditioning!! cause now i can fill it for about 10 dollars a lb of R-134 whenever im low

$110 well spent for air conditioning!! cause now i can fill it for about 10 dollars a lb of R-134 whenever im low

Since you decided to retrofit without replacing the existing R12 hoses, 0-ring seals and receiver-drier with R134a compatible ones you'll be faced with major refrigerant leaks in the months or years ahead. Leaks so severe that whatever R134a you add to the system will leak out in a matter of minutes. When this happens, don't blame the Toyota engineers for your problems - blame your American mechanic who disregarded the advice of the Toyota engineers when he did the retrofit http://www.saber.net/~monarch/ammechs.jpg