Looking For A Bull Bar For My 08 Rx400h

Hey guys. Just purchased an '08 Rx400h and am already starting to look for a nice bull bar for it, like i had on my Rx300.

I've searched on ebay, and haven't found any that really look good. And most of them will fit the Rx330/350 which won't fit the 400h because they have different mounting holes etc.

I did however find one from the UK that i LOVE, but the price is outrageous!

See it here: http://www.zontarh.co.uk/epages/es108883.s...2Lex%20RX400%22

I like part number: UZQ100-h but the price SHIPPED is 431GBP which is about $700 dollars!

And the bottom part, number: UZQ210-h looks nice when added to the "nudge bar", but that's another 272GBP which is another $450 dollars!

I've made these pics below: I photo-shopped them to show what the car would look like with only the nudge bar, and what it would look like with both. I edited it with American license plates which are required here in RI.

What do you guys think? Think the bottom piece is needed? Would it look ok without it?

whichone.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No prob. I like these styling's better than the ones available here in the US.

I'm gonna bite the bullet for the front one, $708 shipped here we go! iyeeee....

Hey guys. Just purchased an '08 Rx400h and am already starting to look for a nice bull bar for it, like i had on my Rx300.

I've searched on ebay, and haven't found any that really look good. And most of them will fit the Rx330/350 which won't fit the 400h because they have different mounting holes etc.

I did however find one from the UK that i LOVE, but the price is outrageous!

See it here: http://www.zontarh.co.uk/epages/es108883.s...2Lex%20RX400%22

I like part number: UZQ100-h but the price SHIPPED is 431GBP which is about $700 dollars!

And the bottom part, number: UZQ210-h looks nice when added to the "nudge bar", but that's another 272GBP which is another $450 dollars!

I've made these pics below: I photo-shopped them to show what the car would look like with only the nudge bar, and what it would look like with both. I edited it with American license plates which are required here in RI.

What do you guys think? Think the bottom piece is needed? Would it look ok without it?

whichone.jpg

top one looks more classy...

Is it just me, or do these think look entirely inappropriate for a luxury hybrid STREET vehicle?

Tom

No, it's not just you. I think it looks absolutely hideous, and useless and even dangerous for anybody who comes in contact with it, instead of the front part of the car that is designed to minimise impact with pedestrians and such.. but hey.. if you really like it.. why not.

Is it just me, or do these think look entirely inappropriate for a luxury hybrid STREET vehicle?

Tom

No, it's not just you. I think it looks absolutely hideous, and useless and even dangerous for anybody who comes in contact with it, instead of the front part of the car that is designed to minimise impact with pedestrians and such.. but hey.. if you really like it.. why not.

I wonder how long it will take for a hungry ambulence chaser to bring a suit against a vehicle owner for causing "additional" injury to a pedestrian due to modifications such as these?

Tom

I'm 20 years old remember ;)

I think the top one looks VERY classy. It gives the front something unique; separates my Rx400h from the rest.

I'll post some pics when i have it installed :)

Tom

I wonder how long it will take for a hungry ambulence chaser to bring a suit against a vehicle owner for causing "additional" injury to a pedestrian due to modifications such as these?

Tom

Hey to each his own, or her own. I don't like it all that much either but whatever not my car.

Tom...you have probably just giving some attorney a new class action law suit idea! :D :lol:

Tom

No, I agree completely. Not to mention any sort of impact you would have on the crashworthiness of the vehicle, which is something you just won't know until you...have a crash.

Tom

Tom

Hey, live and let live. It's not like I didn't completely mess up a lovely 1965 Mustang with silly modifications when I was in high school.

Tom

I'm 20 years old remember ;)

I think the top one looks VERY classy. It gives the front something unique; separates my Rx400h from the rest.

I'll post some pics when i have it installed :)

I too wanted mine to stand out from the rest but I simply added the front lip seen here on my little personal icon picture thingie....Rey

• 2 weeks later...

Well i got it a few days ago and installed it myself in about an hour. I think it looks great! The front end of the RX really needed something and i think this does the trick.

Here are a few pics. The car's filthy, but you guys get the idea.

31390397.jpg

43623920.jpg

48018230.jpg

99224184.jpg

85972047.jpg

This would, however, have prevented some embarassing front end scratches on my RX when I lowered the overhead garage door on same. :(

Tom

Well i got it a few days ago and installed it myself in about an hour. I think it looks great! The front end of the RX really needed something and i think this does the trick.

Here are a few pics. The car's filthy, but you guys get the idea.

31390397.jpg

43623920.jpg

48018230.jpg

99224184.jpg

85972047.jpg

Hey, are your fog lights amber? I like that, did you do that? Is it an overlay? Anyway, the front bar looks fine and you are happy with it that's what matters. For me... I thought that the roof rack looked ugly so I took it off, and I love all of my emblems and chrome.....

and I love the front lip that I put under the bumper....to each his ot her own! The bottom line is that you, all of us with 400hs have an amazing machine under whatever you or any of us puts on it or in it. Happy motoring! Rey

Different...

Steve, you are being extremely kind.

Yeah...I am... ;)

Its not that I dislike it, its just that it doesn't go with the vehicle. The RX is not a "real" SUV, and such adding something like this is kind of like putting a giant wing on a Civic that is FWD that won't even benefit from a wing...or a fake hood scoop...or something like that. The RX...especially the 400h is fairly usless offroad...doesn't have true AWD. If it were a 4 RUnner or something...even a GX470 it would be different. This is kind of poseurish...IMHO.

And you're right, young people do tend to like to do stuff like this to their cars.

Yeah, i changed the foglights to PIAA Ion Yellow h11 bulbs, the yellow REALLY helps in bad weather, and i think it looks nice, especially in combination with the HID low's.

I also upgraded the HID low beam bulbs with 85122CM bulbs. The stock bulbs are the 85122+ bulbs which are a little more yellow than the stock 85122. The CM bulbs are the same color as the average 85122 with more lumens...

Also today just swapped the 168 parking bulbs (in the DRL reflector) with white SMD LED's which look better than the halogen... and they really complete the "blue" theme of the 08-09 hybrid.

You guys might think the 400h is a little "poserish" until you press the gas pedal... It's the fastest stock-engine Lexus RX ever created...even faster than the 010 450h. Nothing poser-ish about that.

I don't think the grille tells "SUV". It tells sport. It's sleek. I think it fits the 400h VERY well...

Yeah, i changed the foglights to PIAA Ion Yellow h11 bulbs, the yellow REALLY helps in bad weather, and i think it looks nice, especially in combination with the HID low's.

I also upgraded the HID low beam bulbs with 85122CM bulbs. The stock bulbs are the 85122+ bulbs which are a little more yellow than the stock 85122. The CM bulbs are the same color as the average 85122 with more lumens...

Also today just swapped the 168 parking bulbs (in the DRL reflector) with white SMD LED's which look better than the halogen... and they really complete the "blue" theme of the 08-09 hybrid.

You guys might think the 400h is a little "poserish" until you press the gas pedal... It's the fastest stock-engine Lexus RX ever created...even faster than the 010 450h. Nothing poser-ish about that.

I don't think the grille tells "SUV". It tells sport. It's sleek. I think it fits the 400h VERY well...

cduluk,

I understand, it's just the look of it that you like. The same is true with the front lip that I got on mine...it's just the look of it that I liked. It doesn't do anything for the performance, it's an accessory...no big woop. As we have, or most have said, it's just personal preference and as you have said and I will add, it's about the engine, the machine, that is so great...everything else is just icing. You like the bull bar and some don't...no big woop...more power to ya! It's fun to dress the car up and make it your own. I get really nice complements on mine and people have thought, before the new 010 RX came out, that mine was the new version. They don't know that it's an 06! I keep my 400h sparkling clean and running like a top. It's the best machine I have ever owned. Happy trails cduluk....Rey in L.A.

I don't think the RX400h is poseurish at all...I just thing pretending its a truck is. I love the RX400h.

However a bull bar definately says "truck". When was the last time you saw a bull bar on a Porsche 911?

When was the last time you saw a bull bar on a Porsche 911?

I'm giving serous thought to adding one to my Porsche 968. No one will ever "push" me around again. :)

Tom