Anyone With A "tornado" Fuel Saver Thing

jcrome04

So a couple of months ago my buddy offered me his "tornado" fuel saver thing that you put in your intake and are supposed to get 1 or 2 mpg. I though aww what the heck and put it in my intake system, not realizing THEN that it was BEHIND the MAF.

I don't know what took me so long to realize this, but the MAF was taking readings of the air and sending that info to the ECU.... but then the air flow was totally changed by the tornado AFTER the MAF, therefore the engine should not be running as efficiently as it could.

So I took it out...and WOW. So much smoother, much better power delivery, MUCH better MPG, better idle, quieter.....i think thats all of the improvements :) I can't believe how bad this thing was !Removed! up my engine. I feel like an idiot for not realizing this sooner! or even when I was installing it! LOL.

I just thought I'd share this tidbit of info with anyone who has a "tornado" type of product in a vehicle equipped with an MAF.

I bet it was pretty restrictive as well.

What was I thinking!!!!!! :huh: LOL

Should have done a search on the subject as it's been covered in the past.......always remember....if a product like that is so good, why don't the auto makers use it or make something similar when they build the vehicles? ;)

:cheers:

So a couple of months ago my buddy offered me his "tornado" fuel saver thing that you put in your intake and are supposed to get 1 or 2 mpg.

"SUPPOSED TO..." for me translates to "SHORTCUT" .... which means not doing it the right way .... which means ..... not worth the time or effort. Never believed in leak stops, fuel savers, tranny fixers, etc. BTW, read you got new pipes. They look great. I can't believe the price! How did they fit? How heavy were they? Stainless usually has some heft. Any pics of them installed?

Yep, just more snake oil that far too many lousy companies try to sucker the general public with....

I'm still waiting for the TV commercial that screams "BILLY MAYS HERE FOR OXYCLEAN TURBO-BOOST SUPER DUPER SCRUBBING BUBBLES AND FUEL LINE SANITIZER FOR YOUR CAR!!!! JUST ADD A BOTTLE TO YOUR TANK EVERY WEEK AND FEEL YOUR HORSEPOWER DOUBLE OVERNIGHT!!!! BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE...."

Unfortunately, this would become a very profitable line in the Oxyclean array of overhyped products. There's a sucker born every minute....

Yep, just more snake oil that far too many lousy companies try to sucker the general public with....

I'm still waiting for the TV commercial that screams "BILLY MAYS HERE FOR OXYCLEAN TURBO-BOOST SUPER DUPER SCRUBBING BUBBLES AND FUEL LINE SANITIZER FOR YOUR CAR!!!! JUST ADD A BOTTLE TO YOUR TANK EVERY WEEK AND FEEL YOUR HORSEPOWER DOUBLE OVERNIGHT!!!! BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE...."

Unfortunately, this would become a very profitable line in the Oxyclean array of overhyped products. There's a sucker born every minute....

Hahaha!!!! That's freakin' perfect! That guy is EVERYWHERE! He'd sell his grandmothers ashes for $19.95 "plus the pets too" if he could include the word oxyclean in it.

I have especially enjoyed the "Turbonator" ads that have been running. How dumb can people be?

Hahahaha!! You probably don't have have the Ebay cold air MAF resistor set up correctly. Cause that's good for another 30 hp easy!!

Hahahaha!! You probably don't have have the Ebay cold air MAF resistor set up correctly. Cause that's good for another 30 hp easy!!

Smooth, You mean that piece of charcoal with the wires sticking out of each end ? I got one of those too. What should my next mod be ? :lol:

Well, if you have the 2+1 performance chip for $6.95 + shipping and handling, that's good for 75 hp and an additional 20 miles per gallon. ( I'm not making that up, it really says that on the website!), Then put on the Turbonator for $89.95, which is good for another 30 hp, Then add the new Sonic Spark plugs, ( http://www.enginebrain.com/ ) that's good for another 15 hp. Then put on the ever so popular throttlebody spacer for another 25 hp gain, Then you'll be ready to use the new Torque Master latest and greatest oil additives for another 15 hp, as it super lubricates everything, Add Marvel Comics X-Cooler to the radiator for another 10 hp gain as it lets your motor run cooler, then don't forget the Future Science direct from the space shuttle program for a new Magnesium based fuel additive that just give you a 15% gain acroos the boards!! Truly a performance add on that can't be missed!! Then you will need to purchase the latest Chip Foose Design Speed stickers which is garrenteed to take seven tenths off your quarter mile time. Then coat the entire car in that new Alien technology paint sealant that actually reduces co-efficient drag by 45%, and helps reduce the weight of the vehicle by 15%!

So, for less then $200.00 bucks, you can have a real rocket! Just look for yourself:

post-42851-1207668776_thumb.jpg

Well, if you have the 2+1 performance chip for $6.95 + shipping and handling, that's good for 75 hp and an additional 20 miles per gallon. ( I'm not making that up, it really says that on the website!), Then put on the Turbonator for $89.95, which is good for another 30 hp, Then add the new Sonic Spark plugs, ( http://www.enginebrain.com/ ) that's good for another 15 hp. Then put on the ever so popular throttlebody spacer for another 25 hp gain, Then you'll be ready to use the new Torque Master latest and greatest oil additives for another 15 hp, as it super lubricates everything, Add Marvel Comics X-Cooler to the radiator for another 10 hp gain as it lets your motor run cooler, then don't forget the Future Science direct from the space shuttle program for a new Magnesium based fuel additive that just give you a 15% gain acroos the boards!! Truly a performance add on that can't be missed!! Then you will need to purchase the latest Chip Foose Design Speed stickers which is garrenteed to take seven tenths off your quarter mile time. Then coat the entire car in that new Alien technology paint sealant that actually reduces co-efficient drag by 45%, and helps reduce the weight of the vehicle by 15%!

So, for less then $200.00 bucks, you can have a real rocket! Just look for yourself:

post-42851-1207668776_thumb.jpg

WOW!!! :o , That looks fast B) I want one of those intercoolers and those Super-Duper air vents, Cuz I know my brakes get really hot after racing. I see I have 2 backup cars on the rear shelf too :lol::lol:

Hahahaha wow...that Neon has GOT to be a joke!!! :lol:

And yes, I got the mufflers on TODAY!!! :D They look awesome and sound JUST like I wanted. There is a slight rumble, but for the most part it's still very very quiet I love it, I'll take some videos and pictures whenever the weather let's up here in the PNW....it's pretty lame right now.

And one of my cats is getting about ready to change... It's the last one after the sensors so it shouldn't mess anything up. I might just have it straight piped tomorrow afternoon.

I have especially enjoyed the "Turbonator" ads that have been running. How dumb can people be?

Ah come on now! I suppose you think those water to hydrogen fuel cel gizmos are fake too?

:P

These are important devices . . . they separate $ $ from those who don't deserve it, and allow those who are clever enough to pocket it ... to do so.

Hey, Does anybody want to join my "Income tax is unconstitutionl" pyramide? :rolleyes:

I have 3 of the "Turbonators" stacked in my intake, I can't keep the wheels on the ground. What am I doing wrong ? :blink:

:lol::lol::lol:

Darn you dcfish!!... I just spit my iced tea all over my monitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Visualizing you spitting your iced tea over your monitor made me spill my beer on my lap :lol::lol::lol:

I have 3 of the "Turbonators" stacked in my intake, I can't keep the wheels on the ground. What am I doing wrong ? :blink:

:lol::lol::lol:

Darn you dcfish!!... I just spit my iced tea all over my monitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Visualizing you spitting your iced tea over your monitor made me spill my beer on my lap :lol::lol::lol:

Ya know, it always amazing me that some backyard mechanic or some fly-by-night inventor comes up with some "modification" or gadget that will out perform a stock engine developed by *arguably* the BEST automotive design engineeers in the entire world, that "play" in a multi-billion dollar "auto shop"!!!!!! :D

There is a sucker born every minute..................If it looks like a duck...........

Reduced 88% post-42851-1207668776_thumb.jpg

WOW!!! :o , That looks fast B) I want one of those intercoolers and those Super-Duper air vents, Cuz I know my brakes get really hot after racing. I see I have 2 backup cars on the rear shelf too :lol::lol:

I did notice there are a few things missing here though ....... a couple of super sized air scoops for the wipers, a set of dingle balls to let you know your defogger is blowing ok, and some curb feelers. Don't know how they can park without them? Oh yeah, and can't see the rear, but I bet there's no relective tape strips on the brake lights either. :(

Oh, I'm sure the list can go on and on. The aftermarket segment is huge!!! There are alot of good, proven aftermarket performance parts available. I think alot of the "gizmo gadget" manufacturers just play off that though. I admit that I have seen ads they run, that if I didn't know mechanics, it would be convincing. Kind of like the the herbal vitamins, and over the counter pill cures they are allways coming out with. Have you seen the new foot pad things? I guess it draws out all the toxins in your body and makes you feel better. Does that stuff really work? I have no idea. And I don't know anyone that does know for sure. Well, I do know this one person who says yes, these works great and how awsome he feels afterwards and all that, but then again, he called me to tell me how much better his car ran after putting in a new Optima battery.

• 3 weeks later...