Question About 94 Ls

1UZ-FE

For some odd reason, my insurance company has requested the "Original Cost New" of my 94 LS. I have looked on the internet and have not been successful in my price hunt. My car has heated seats, Nak, trac, 6 CD changer, no height control and no ride control. I think thats all the options that were available on the 94. If someone can look this up or knows how much my car would have costed brand new back in the day just let me know.

thx

I don't think that any of us can give you the exactly correct answer to this question then these guys:

Flow Lexus

Address: 611 Edgewood St, Kernersville, NC 27284

Phone: (336) 993-0105

I think there is one in Raleigh, but I don't know there phone number.

Hello,

It is not the exact year, but I have the original invoice for my 1993 LS400.

Total price was $49,845

The only options listed are:

- Lexus Memory System - 800.00

- Remote 6 CD auto changer - 900.00

- Power tilt and slide moonroof and sunshade - 1,000.00

- Carpeted floor mats - 115.00

Destination charge - 430.00

Car was purchased in Houston, Texas. If you need a copy of this, send me your mailing address and I will send you a photocopy.

Tom

It is not the exact year, but I have the original invoice for my 1993 LS400.

I don't think this will work, but worth a try. Because one year has a real big difference [in thousands] in these cars.

well,

I went to the dealer today to ask a new car salesman who had been selling Lexus' since 94 (the year of my car) and 93LSOwner is right. yucaton_tom's car costed almost $50,000 and after i told them all my extra options (some of which i thought would be standard) they told me that my car probably would have costed about $58,000!!! wow. its really hard to believe that a 17 yr old like me is driving around a car that sold for almost 60 big ones!(and no mommy or daddy didn't buy it)Anyway, i mailed this to travelers insurance today and since they had my VIN number wrong too (the original reason they sent this dumb thing) then they probably weren't charging me enough for insurance too. I'm gonna get the next bill and look at how much i owe and this is where i realize that my insurance company: picked me up, turned me around, bent me over, and BAM!!! SCREWED!!!

An insurance company specialty, !Removed! people. What do they care what it cost new? It's not new now. I would refer them to kbb.com and they can look up what it is worth. I know in Virginia we are charged with personal property tax and that the Leuxs is apparently very valuable since they rake me over the coals for a 1990 car.

I'd tell them you think it cost $30,00 new.

Because the insurance company had the wrong VIN, they may have been trying to sell you some form of "stated value" insurance which was why they needed to know the new price of your car. If this is the case, your premium may drop although it will probably still be very high since you are 17 years old. The insurance company should of course be insuring your car based on its replacement value which, depending on condition and mileage, would probably fall in a wide range between about $6,000 and $13,000. Yes, it is amazing how much cars fall in value from their original price due to the incredible oversupply of new and used cars. And prices of new cars have gotten much cheaper adjusted for inflation. It seems like the base retail price of an LS has been around $55,000 "forever" although the content has increased dramatically over the years.