Facelifted Es (photos)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the ES330 not the ES300 they're talkin about? And what's this on the "minimizing the use of chrome" bit? Am I missing something here or hasn't there always been a tastefully minimum amount of chrome on the ES? I hate it when it's pointed out repeatedly that the ES is based on the Camry. I know it is, but truth told, it's a COMPLETELY different car; definitely not on the same level. Can't say I'm too wild about the "facelift" myself...I think it's fookin ugly. Not a fan of the mini spoiler either <_< Just my 2c!

Its not called the ES330 in european markets, I believe its still the ES300 over there. US Es sales are still strong but it has never been popular in Europe, in fact the ES is no longer sold in the UK.

Thats a plausible update pic, save your final judgements until you see a clearer and bigger pic. I like the new grille but the front bumper doesn't seem to flow as well as the bumper on the current car. New wheels look pretty good in the pic, they look like they're 17s too...

still looks ugly to me

i likes i likes! i have a 96 es300..and i been thinking for years what i could to change it or upgrade it..i like what you did..so far i just have a goldpearl paint job on it..and i got the LEXUS "L" symbol on the side of the car above the tires, right where the door meets the front of the car...how much did you spend on the LIGHTING system for the front..and how much for the frame rework? get back at me asap

how much did you spend on the LIGHTING system for the front..and how much for the frame rework? get back at me asap

i am not sure what you mean by frame rework but all the info is in the members garage for prices

sorry stevie

it is just personal preferance

i just hate the front lights and to me that is what makes a car

the ones in japan with a kit look nice as it seems to lengthen the bottom and give it a smooth look

i also dislike the new SC430 as it is too boxy looking and looks really stubby unlike the old SC which had a long graceful and elegent look

i am not much of a fan of the "NEW" look of lexus

i funny enough prefer the new camry to the new ES front especially the se with the black headlights

Personal preference is fine, but just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it has to be voiced all the time. That, and the time you mentioned it before this were both just rude. As a matter of fact if you were a normal member I would have moderated you for them. We're aware of your preference you don't have to pipe in and tell us how ugly our cars are every time we start talking about them. The 02-04 is the first ES I've found the least bit interesting, but I don't go around saying that every time a discussion is had about the previous models.

Or you even could have said "I still don't like the headlights, I wish they had changed them" that would have expressed your opinion without coming across rude and like a jerk. Rule number one on the site is be polite, you know that as its your job to enforce it. If you're going to enforce it then follow it.

I apologize but you've seriously *BLEEP*ed me off.