Strange Vibration

Em91

:huh: I have a strange vibration in my my car that starts at about 75 mph. It seems to go away once the car stabalizes at the speed but it is strange. The vibration is a bit annoying. You can actually feel the vibration all through the car. I had all the tires balanced and the vibration still persists. Any ideas appreciated. My car is a 91 ls 400

Have the wheel balancing checked out again,maybe the weights need putting in a different part of the wheel,had my wheels balanced and had the same sort of thing as you...had them checked again and the car was fine.

There are A LOT of posts about this topic in this forum with different solutions. It will take you about an hour or so to go through all of them. But, what about wheel aligment; is your steering wheel in the center? What about Tire pressure, are they set at what Lexus recommends? Are the tires any good?

These cars are very very sensitive when it comes to suspension.

Thanks chip and 93 lsowner I guess I'll have the tires rebalanced and I'll have to have the alignment checked and all that other fun suspension stuff.

93lsowner: Where is the section on this sight that deals with this issue? I would like to read about it.

:huh: I have a strange vibration in my my car that starts at about 75 mph. It seems to go away once the car stabalizes at the speed but it is strange. The vibration is a bit annoying. You can actually feel the vibration all through the car. I had all the tires balanced and the vibration still persists. Any ideas appreciated. My car is a 91 ls 400

Good luck. My 90 LS400 has BRAND NEW tires, NEW alignment, NEW struts and it still has a 35-65 MPH vibration. When it is 80 degrees or warmer outside it does not do it. I agree- it is very annoying and no one knows the problem. Vibrations seem to be very, very common on the 90-94 LS400s for some odd reason. :rolleyes:

I had a problem with vibration on my 1991 LS400 too. I let them did the balance again and again but the vibration was there anyway. Then I said that I can try to do rotation to know if the balance is really good and if I´ll feel any difference. I came to the tire shop and said that I will drive more that 5K during next 2 weeks if they can do rotation for me(I had only 2500 miles on new tires). They did rotation and the vibration came out so.... you can try it

Good luck. My 90 LS400 has BRAND NEW tires, NEW alignment, NEW struts and it still has a 35-65 MPH vibration. When it is 80 degrees or warmer outside it does not do it. I agree- it is very annoying and no one knows the problem. Vibrations seem to be very, very common on the 90-94 LS400s for some odd reason. 

I thought this was just my imagination. I bought this car in winter, January 2004, and it has gotten hot now, and one day I had an open house for a college and I had to park in the hot sun [that day was the highest of the year yet, 82 degrees] for about 10 hours :cries: . And, when I came back my LCD was back to normal, [completely perfect]. And as I was getting out of the parking lot the car felt a lot better and on the highway there was very very less vibration than normal.

Yes, it is strange. We have been very warm and highs in the mid 80s to near 90 are forecasted here all week. As it gets hotter, it will be interesting to see if the vibration stays away. It seems however, that according to some here that I may have a failing universal joint, because I have a slight "whine" noise from the rear of the car.