Thesystem Is Installed.

Afew Helpfull tips while installing your NEW Sounds System.

1. fron speakers Fosgate 4 inch components fir perfectly into original housing (but u need some type of rubber to put around the speaker cause the hole is slightly bigger than 4 inch. and the NEW tweeters can be screwed into original location

2. rear deck the 4 inh speakers were swapped for alpine type S 6 1/2 components

(they com with lifting brackets which allows them to sit right with outh cutting open the sheet metal.

3. 10 inch sub Pioneer free air use the original brackets and a dremil to customize the fit. alittle tricky but once its in it works like a charm.

4. Run speaker and RCA cables down the middle not on the sides. (theres more room down the middle) (run the power on the left drivers side) theres a hole already there that can go directly into the hood of the car.

5. Hole to pass wires through trunk upper right hand side after u take out seats.

I couldnt find an adapter for the old radio harness so i just did it the old fashion way.

POWER = BLUE /YELLOW Wire

GROUND = BROWN Wire

ACC = GREY Wire

ANT = BLUE/WHITE wire.

And thats all you need to know :)

Theodore:

Great, glad ur stuff is workin .....Im in the process of doin mine..only difference wont have 6 1/2 in the deck (never thought about it and bought 4, 4" Fosgates) :censored: but oh well, ill live...i just know my mids arent going to be as good as they can be....

Anyhow, quick question: which Pioneer Free air model did u use and how much/where di u buy it? Also, how much modifications did u have to make to make that bad boy fit?

Last....did u use the stock head unit; and if so, does the head unit have RCA outputs, or is it strictly wire outputs....thanks!

Hey AJ, just a quick suggestion. I don't know if you can extract posts from threads and move them into others, but this info would be really helpful to those that are planning on upgrading. If you could, you may want to sticky this somewhere, or at the very least have him post this into the FAQ. This is a great post that I would hate to see buried.

Again, just a suggestion.

Thanks!

Theodore, if you don't mind, post this in the faq. Copy and paste is fine. Or I can do it if you want - just figured you'd get more credit if you do it on your handle. I don't want to move this whole post - or split it. Might get a little cluttered or confusing. Great idea Sadisitic. Always welcome the input.

Afew Helpfull tips while installing your NEW Sounds System.

Theodore, you rock! It's nice when people take the time to document the process and help stave off ten redundant questions about the same damn thing everyday. :cheers:

P.S. Do you have "P6800" system?

No i have new amps. I have the MRVF 540 Alpine pushing the 4's and 6's and an MRDM500 Alpine pushing the sub. There is no point to changing the speakers only, you should change the amplifiers as well. And get a good radio with built in crossover / EQ.

P.S. No prob AWJ