Electronic Brake Controller

Hello, folks//

We have an 08 RX 400h with the towing package.  Have towed a 12 foot UHaul from Seattle to Phoenix and back through the mountains of Utah.  Them RX performed flawlessly.  Trailer had surge brakes.  Now I want to install a seven pin plug so I can rent a camping trailer.  Purchased a Tekonsha P3 and an install kit from ETrailer.com.  The car has a four pin connector so most of the wiring installation is fairly straightforward.  However, I have to pull three ten-gauge wires from the engine compartment into the passenger area.  Have a few questions:

1.  Has anyone done this?  There's not a whole lot of room on the firewall, so where did the wires come in?  Where were the circuit breakers installed?

2.  Also, where was the controller installed?  Some of the installation videos show it installed just above the emergency brake pedal.  This is a poor location because it's difficult to see the display.  I'd prefer to install it just below the shift lever.  That way it would be readily visible and easy to reach the manual brake lever.  Just don't want to drill holes in the trim.

Any help will be appreciated.  

Bob Holliday

Bainbridge Island, WA