Need 1995 Ls 400 Master Mechanic; Arlington, Va

RamonArlington

I have a 1995 LS 400 with 250K miles. It has been a great car. However, I am experiencing the stall problem after being on the expressway for 20 minutes or more (ECU).

Also, I am experiencing a wine from the transmission, especially when the car is first started. I have had the transmission resealed twice. On the second re-sealing, I had to replace a step/kick down gear/motor.

So, if you know a master mechanic that can replacethe ECM and is very competent on transmissions, please help.

Appreciate your assistance.

Ramon

Is the stall problem consistent? Will it do it every time on the freeway for 20 minutes? Sounds heat related maybe ignition module or cps. Trans noise maybe worn pump or debris in the screen or air being sucked in, is the fluid in the right spot on the stick?

The stalling is consistent, When the car is restarted it runs fine until the next time it on the expressway for an extended period. It only stall when coming to a stop after benign the expressway. Fluid is at the right level.

Appreciate the response.

Will it start immediately after the stall? It could be that the torque converter clutch is not fully disengaging, either due to wear or from solenoid or valving problem. Does it feel like something is dragging the engine down when slowing from highway speeds? And yeah ecu / trans controller can cause it too by not turning off the lockup clutch. You would need to check to see whats happening with the power at the clutch control solenoid.