Sc400 Rear Speakers Out?

• 7 months later...

• 1 month later...

i have the same problem and ive checked the speakers and there fine. I think its the amp. That what someone at a car audio place told me. Its a matter of just getting a new amp now. But i have no idea which amp to get. any ideas?

• 4 months later...
i have the same problem and ive checked the speakers and there fine. I think its the amp. That what someone at a car audio place told me. Its a matter of just getting a new amp now. But i have no idea which amp to get. any ideas?

I have recently purchased a 1995 sc400 and I have noticed that the rear speakers are out as well. If anyone has solved their rear speaker problem, I would love to know what it was and how you fixed it. Thanks a lot!!

• 6 months later...

Disconnect the wiring harness from the amp, check continuity between the Red wire and the White wire, and between Black wire and the yellow wire "NOTE THIS IS THE HARNESS THAT COMES FROM THE HEAD UNIT, NOTE THE ONE THAT GOES TO THE SPEAKERS". If you do not have continuity between these terminals, remove the head unit and check continuity on the wiring harness from the head unit end to the amp end. Chances are it is just like my system was when I had this problem and the head unit was bad.

Disconnect the wiring harness from the amp, check continuity between the Red wire and the White wire, and between Black wire and the yellow wire "NOTE THIS IS THE HARNESS THAT COMES FROM THE HEAD UNIT, NOTE THE ONE THAT GOES TO THE SPEAKERS". If you do not have continuity between these terminals, remove the head unit and check continuity on the wiring harness from the head unit end to the amp end. Chances are it is just like my system was when I had this problem and the head unit was bad.

It is your amp... They tend to fail because of there position in the trunk , They get wet [ carwash , rain etc...] and the trunk seal , antena seal , and the drain hose that usually gets crimped or cloged. Check everything mentioned and if you need a amp email or pm me . ;)

• 11 months later...

I'm having rear speaker problems in my 95 SC400 as well. Have taken out the amp and ran the continuity checks you suggested. They are as follows. Between the Red and White I show continuity and read about 3.8 ohms. Between Black and Yellow, no continuity, or infinite ohms.

Not sure though exactly what this proves though, because I have no schematic to go by. Any help?

Thanks

Ron M.

Read this.......

http://www.carstereohelp.com/repairDoItYou...usRepairVol.htm

It shows one of the most common problems and how to locate and fix it. Try the small things before you spend the big bucks. Just because the speakers aren’t working doesn’t necessarily mean that the amp is bad, check the connections first. And if the car has the car phone, disconnect it and see if that solves your problem.