Dealers Automatically Charging For Oil Additive

PeterD

I was recently charged 29.95 for an oil additiive that I did not ask for. When I questioned my Lexus dealer, they immedialtely refunded the charge. The charge for the additive was 29.95. The 5 quarts of Castrol oil they put in my car was 24.75. When I questioned the dealer, they said it was their routine practice.

The fuel and oil used by today's modern cars has been formulated to ensure engine performance and protection, fuel efficiency, and low emissions. The use of additives at best do nothing, at worst they can be incompatible with your oil and result in engine damage or damage to you emission control system. Either can result in costly repairs.

Virtually all auto mfgs and oil mfgs do not recommend use of additives. If they do they are very specific about any additives.

I also believe this is inappropriate for a Lexus dealer. It tarnishes the Lexus image.

So buyer beware. When you take you Lexus, or any car, in for service. Just say no additives please.