Sc300 Sc400 Twin Turbo Supra

K9crew

I dont know...the Aristo is cool and all, but damn it takes up my whole screen.

what's going on peepz. sorry about the pics being so big. it's still a cool pics i think. as for everyone else... i like you guys too. you guys are very knowledgeable and great lexus forum buddies. keep up the good work.

my friend got a 2j-GTE engine from japan with tranny as well and engine has 2 turbos!

i just got off the phone with him and he told me that it doesnt matter how many turbos you got it still gonna be only 1 T. g- tpe of engine. t - turbo or not and E means electronic injection. if ya all interested i can make pix on monday since we work in the same office and park on the same lot.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/LS/100_0021 here is a pic of it. and on monday i will post couple more pix. btw even with twin turbo this guy's brother can beat him on his 1990 nissan sentra with single turbo!

in my humble opinion, most of the sequential-turbo setups(2jz, 13b) werent that fast as compared to the twin turbo since the boost comes on at around 2500-3000 rpm in the true twin setup. of course, the singles are almost always bigger than the twins so you can run tons more boost on em. i think my CT12a's will disintegrate at 14psi and loose efficiency around 12psi.

I know Lextreme has created a Supercharger kit for the V8s. Maybe that;s the first place to start, if you haven't already. Take a look at our Performance Upgrade Thread Pinned in our forum.

UCF3,

Thanks for the info. I'm enjoying reading all of this banter since I don't know a damn thing about the single turbo, twin turbo, 2jzgte, 2jzge etc ... I'm learning though thanks to you guys!!

:)

my friend got a 2j-GTE engine from japan with tranny as well and engine has 2 turbos!

i just got off the phone with him and he told me that it doesnt matter how many turbos you got  it still gonna be only 1 T. g- tpe of engine. t - turbo or not and E means electronic injection. if ya all interested i can make pix on monday since we work in the same office and park on the same lot.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/LS/100_0021 here is a pic of it. and on monday i will post couple more pix. btw even with twin turbo this guy's brother can beat him on his 1990 nissan sentra with single turbo!

VMF:

Does he have the NISSAN SR20DET or is it the VG30DETT with creative plumbing?

K9:

Actually I'm not the best person when it comes to Turbos. Lex and AWJ are the experts since they've had a chance to turbo up. I'm still learning as well. The part that annoys me is when Toyota calls the GTE with a Twin Turbo setup as just a turbo setup (T), when Nissan choose to actually name what it's running, like the SR20DET is a single turbo, or when you attach the NISMO turbo it changes to SR20DETT.

he has factory 2jz-gte engine with factory turbos. origianlly he had 1jz-gte signle turbo engine since his car is 87. but a year ago he bought half ot the new supra in japan that had tt engine in it. i'm pretty sure they are not nissan. his engine is pretty much stock except couple minor mods.

he has factory 2jz-gte engine with factory turbos. origianlly he had 1jz-gte signle turbo engine since his car is 87. but a year ago he bought half ot the new supra in japan that had tt engine in it. i'm pretty sure they are not nissan. his engine is pretty much stock except couple minor mods.

Oh, sorry, I meant to refer to the brother.

Im pretty sure that the 1jz's didnt start till the 90s and the 1G-GTE came with twins all the time(except for the supercharged). The 7M which came in the supras had a single turbo on it and that was imported to the US whereas the 1j was hardly on US soil. Check out this link for some engine history...if you dont mind scrolling left to right all the time....

ok the original engine on that supra was 7mgte and it came with single turbo.

the turbo kit on the nissan sentra is hks -2835 capable of 25-30 psi while those originalt turbos from 2jzgte will self destruct at 15 psi.

So the Nissan Sentra's running the HKS turbo, on the US Spec DE Engine? Could you ask a few more questions for me?

What year is the Sentra?

Did he swap the ECU out?

What kind of Fuel Management system is he using?

What else did he do to the car.

Also, let's move this inquiry into the PM section since it's not the SCs.

Thanks

Actually, in Japan they use both GTE and GTTE.  TOyota-Factory uses the GTE designation for the Chaser, Cresta, and the Supra as it's GE Designator.  The T in GTE refers to an optional single turbo(TRD) allowing it to produce 200bhp on the mid to late 80s.  GTTE refers to the twin Turbos avaible(Toyota Factory) on every Soarer, Aristo, Chaser, Cresta, Supra, and the 88 Denso Supra GT500 car, but they changed to the GE designator for the NA-T, and GTE as the new Turbos. Even today, the guys in Japan use the GTTE designation instead of calling it jut GTE for the Twin setup. 

This information is courtesy from my friend working at Toyota Motor Corp. Japan.

TO FINALLY CLARIFY AND PROVE THAT I AM RIGHT ABOUT THE "GTE" Vs. "GTTE" I HAVE FOUND PROOF.

315829_9.jpg

315829_7.jpg

315829_3.jpg

LIKE I SAID IN THE PAST, I STAND FIRM WITH THE "GTE" READING ON THE STICKERS PLACED UNDER THE HOOD OF THESE CARS. "GTTE" DOES NOT EXIST... AND THERE YOU HAVE IT MY FRIENDS... OH YEAH, BTW, I DON'T SEE THE SECOND "T", DO YOU? HEE HEE... HAVE A GOOD DAY!

so what do i have to do to become a moderator?

Survive six rounds with me, standard initiation...

sorry about the CAPS on the other post with the pics. didn't mean to have them on or to offend anyone. if you did get offended, my bad. i'm like notorious for the CAPS lock button being on all the time on the forums but just know, i don't do it on purpose. anyways, six rounds of what? fill me in. talk to you mods later.

It was a joke. 6 rounds in the ring with LL.

We probably have enough mods for the SC forum. If you are interested in becoming a mod maybe for another forum, pm Matt McNally...

Or just hang around. You'll see your chance when it comes.

It was a joke. 6 rounds in the ring with LL.

We probably have enough mods for the SC forum. If you are interested in becoming a mod maybe for another forum, pm Matt McNally...

Or just hang around. You'll see your chance when it comes.

hey what's up, all good in the hood. so tell me, what's the broo ha ha with being a mod? i'm sure you have special options and stuff. I'm just curious. But i'm all for posting up good stuff on here you know. I like to share my knowledge of cars, engines, etc... also I like to get along with people and have fun. so yeah, mod or not, I'm still in the mix and quite satisfied with all the members of this forum. have a great weekend. Remember, for valentine's day, you car comes first because she will never yell at you or give you crap. =)