Sc300 Sc400 Twin Turbo Supra

K9crew

"Dodge Viper like horsepower in a top of the line Lexus luxury car for about the price of a Honda Civic..."

Ok, im sorry, but i have to break out the hate-o-rade. If theres dodge viper and honda civic in the same sentence i have to wonder. I almost want to say thats a 1jz setup, but i cant tell. Either way, to my knowledge, it wont bolt to a GE head. I wish i could sell my car with extra used parts on it to bump up the price a few grand. The next best line was "and you would have a top of the line luxury car with Dodge Viper like horsepower making you capable of smoking just about anything on the streets! Because of the automatic transmission, it is recommended to limit the power output to about 300 rwhp".....uhh..its not like my TT soarer is slow, but its still a heavy !Removed! and there are plenty of cars that i cant take(those damn EVO IVs!!!). Blah...damn americans. Oh, wait, that includes me too.

No, it's definitely a 2JZ-ge engine, but I'd find out what turbo kit he/she has. Some of the text is wrong. Supra GTEs are not Twin Turbo, and the 450hp is probably wrong. Although I didn't get a clear shot at the turbo, I think it's probably a small turbo for the IS/Altezza--less hp&torque.

UCF3, what do you mean Supra GTE's are not twin turbo? Sure they are. Also he said he's using stock mkiv twins and not a single, which are capable of the 450 hp he claims, but I highly doubt he's doing it through an automatic, sounds like a kid wrote the ad....I wouldn't give it a second thought. bean, 1JZ and 2JZ heads and blocks fit each other.

Check out this link on eBay ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...B%3ASS%3AUS%3A1

Makes me wish I had an SC300 rather than a 400!! :unsure:

well this setup looks identical to a twinturbo setup for the soarer/aristo/supra tt. the piping is the same. it's true the the bottom end is virtually identical with the exception of the compression ratio but what someone else had mentioned, you cannot bolt on this setup to the 2jzge head. the bolt patter is not the same. all you would need is to purchase a 2jzgte head and bolt it down with your ge bottom end. then you can slap on this kit. only thing is that you would have to reinforce your tranny by replacing the valves. that or you can slap on a 2jzgte tranny. that is a direct bolt on. then you would have to change out your computer to a supra ecu to read the fuel/air ratio correctly to put out the full potential of your motor. yada yada yada, you're going to end up spending some cash. and about the hp rating, you'll get about 320 hp out of the setup he's showing. you can get more, but probably ruin your engine at about 600 ponies. you don't want to do that.

To me it all looks fishy.

A real enthusiast does not set the "Buy Now" price of a decent 95 SC300 at $12.5k

I agree with Luthor....probably some kid who drove the *BLEEP* out of it, bought the wrong turbo kit with his parents money, realised that he bought the wrong kit and his parents wouldn't shell out more money to get it hooked up, so he decided to try to push it off to some chump to whom "the non turbo version of the 2JZGTE that you have seen in the Fast and the Furious" sounds great.

Bah!

GOOD STUFF!!! I'm curious as to what AWJ makes of it all .... I know he's passionate and knowledgeable about these things! :)

B) Thanks bro.

LL and TWINTURBO619 hit it on the nose though. Kinda makes me proud. I was looking at the ad earlier today. Seems like - for the price alone, the car might be a decent deal. I'd offer 9g's if it was in good shape. Dude can keep his turbo stuff. I'll handle that on my own. Dude does lots of talkin' and accomplishes little to sway me. SP big trim whistler and build up.

My money has to go to other things now though. House and woman are tearin me up.

Nice Aristo by the way. Is that yours TWINTURBO619?

GOOD STUFF!!!  I'm curious as to what AWJ makes of it all .... I know he's passionate and knowledgeable about these things!  :)

B) Thanks bro.

LL and TWINTURBO619 hit it on the nose though. Kinda makes me proud. I was looking at the ad earlier today. Seems like - for the price alone, the car might be a decent deal. I'd offer 9g's if it was in good shape. Dude can keep his turbo stuff. I'll handle that on my own. Dude does lots of talkin' and accomplishes little to sway me. SP big trim whistler and build up.

My money has to go to other things now though. House and woman are tearin me up.

Nice Aristo by the way. Is that yours TWINTURBO619?

what's going on. i have an identical aristo to the one you see posted as my avtar and personal pix. except mine is the lexus emerald green. i have 19X9.5 10 fork tuning rims much like mrsyphers rims and i don't have that middle deck running across the front of the bumper. either than that, mine is identical. let me tell you, the girls jock the car and spoiler. i get a lot of compliments. as to the post, i like to add my two cents to the matter. like to give my knowledge out there and like to learn more. so if i'm ever wrong or have anyone have a dispute over some issues, let me know what's up. i'm the one who posted the all wheel drive aristo on the gs300 gallery. someone was saying that it never existed. but it's all good though, don't want to stomp on anyones parade, but would like to show proof and give them closure for their benefit you know? well take care guys and obviously who ever posted that sale on ebay sucks at advertising. happy turboing.

The SC400 and SC300 have identical engine cradles (crossmember). This means only the engine mounts are different IE: You can do the supra tt swap without any mount fabrication-- all bolts in. Few guys over on clublexus has figured this out. So don't dump your SC400.

UCF3, what do you mean Supra GTE's are not twin turbo? Sure they are. Also he said he's using stock mkiv twins and not a single, which are capable of the 450 hp he claims, but I highly doubt he's doing it through an automatic, sounds like a kid wrote the ad....I wouldn't give it a second thought. bean, 1JZ and 2JZ heads and blocks fit each other.

Oop, my mistake. dam you, Toyota! Why couldn't you use GTTE instead of GTE for a Twin Turbo designation. :censored:

Oop, my mistake. dam you, Toyota! Why couldn't you use GTTE instead of GTE for a Twin Turbo designation. :censored:

what's going on. i'm like a toyota/lexus fanatic especialy on supras/gs'/aristos. what is the gtte? i've never heard of that. here's the break down that i know it as.

2 - SECOND GENERATION

JZ - ENGINE BLOCK

G - TWINCAM

T - TURBO

E - ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION.

so please fill me in with the GTTE. thanks.

Early 90 Supras, most likely the Mark IIIs came as a GTTE engine. I always thought the GTE was a single turbo block, but the MarkIV's are TT but use the designation of GTE.

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0402it_ppsupra/

if you're talking about a normal twinturbo engine. then there's no such thing as gtte. the engine code is just 2jz-gte for the mkIII/aristo/soarer 3.0 twinturbo or 1jz-gte for the mkII/soarer which is a 2.5 twinturbo. who ever wrote the article on import tuner was smoking some good crack when he wrote 2jz-gtte. unless toyota has a hidden engine code somewhere in their manuals. i'm frankly not buying it. i stand firm on 2jz-gte.

Early 90 Supras, most likely the Mark IIIs came as a GTTE engine.  I always thought the GTE was a single turbo block, but the MarkIV's are TT but use the designation of GTE.

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0402it_ppsupra/

if you're talking about a normal twinturbo engine. then there's no such thing as gtte. the engine code is just 2jz-gte for the mkIII/aristo/soarer 3.0 twinturbo or 1jz-gte for the mkII/soarer which is a 2.5 twinturbo. who ever wrote the article on import tuner was smoking some good crack when he wrote 2jz-gtte. unless toyota has a hidden engine code somewhere in their manuals. i'm frankly not buying it. i stand firm on 2jz-gte.

sorry about that, let me make some corrections:

7M-GTE 3.0 SINGLE TURBO = MKIII SUPRA

1JZ-GTE 2.5 TWINTURBO = MKIII SUPRA & SOARER

2JZ-GTE 3.0 TWINTURBO = MKIV SUPRA / ARISTO / SOARER

that sounds a lot better. got the mk's mixed up on my last post. but like i say, i stand firm that it's 2JZ-GTE and not 2jz-gtte.

Actually, in Japan they use both GTE and GTTE. TOyota-Factory uses the GTE designation for the Chaser, Cresta, and the Supra as it's GE Designator. The T in GTE refers to an optional single turbo(TRD) allowing it to produce 200bhp on the mid to late 80s. GTTE refers to the twin Turbos avaible(Toyota Factory) on every Soarer, Aristo, Chaser, Cresta, Supra, and the 88 Denso Supra GT500 car, but they changed to the GE designator for the NA-T, and GTE as the new Turbos. Even today, the guys in Japan use the GTTE designation instead of calling it jut GTE for the Twin setup.

This information is courtesy from my friend working at Toyota Motor Corp. Japan.

So don't dump your SC400.
dont ditch the sc400, just add a TT system for the 4.0. Or a Weiand blower...either one

With less than 60k on the odometer I have no intention of "dumping" or "ditching" my SC400 ... :) . I am VERY interested in a turbo or supercharger system and will begin researching those options soon. Like many people I assumed that the 400 was the car to buy but after reading about the "upgradeability" of the 300 I began to wonder if I had made a mistake. The desire for more power in the SC has been exacerbated by the obvious difference in performance between it and my LS. However, there's a big difference in handling between the two with the SC WAY ahead in that contest. If any member has advice on a turbo or supercharger system I'd really appreciate the input.

:)

Actually, in Japan they use both GTE and GTTE. TOyota-Factory uses the GTE designation for the Chaser, Cresta, and the Supra as it's GE Designator. The T in GTE refers to an optional single turbo(TRD) allowing it to produce 280bhp. GTTE refers to the twin Turbos avaible(Toyota Factory) on every Soarer, Aristo, Chaser, Cresta, Supra, and the 88 Denso Supra GT500 car. This information is courtesy from my friend working at Toyota Motor Corp. Japan.

show me the factory sticker that reads 2jz-gtte on any toyota factory car u.s. or japan that is placed under the hood. the "t" in gte is simply refered as a turbo charged car perdiod. all that stuff about gtte is just a typo that probably other people followed, but i'm sorry, i do have the j-spec catalog for the aristo and there is no 2jz-gtte. it's simply the 2jz-gte two way twinturbo. unless they started changing it. but for the many years it was only known as the the 2.5 1jz-gte twinturbo and 3.0 2jz-gte twinturbo. here's the website for the engine codes.

toyota engine codes

after i see the sticker, then i'll be convinced, or actually see a picture taken from a manual of a toyota vehicle that has twinturbo that reads "2jz-gtte". so you tell your friend to hook it up with an actual photo of the car and the sticker where it reads "2jz-gte"

I know Lextreme has created a Supercharger kit for the V8s. Maybe that;s the first place to start, if you haven't already. Take a look at our Performance Upgrade Thread Pinned in our forum.

TwinTurbo:

Here's a Webbased link, if you'd like, and I wouldn't exactly dismiss Import Tuner Magazine, since they're an established/published magazine company. They can be sued for wrong information.

http://www.venus-auto.com/inventory/toyota/engine.htm

I know Lextreme has created a Supercharger kit for the V8s. Maybe that;s the first place to start, if you haven't already. Take a look at our Performance Upgrade Thread Pinned in our forum.

TwinTurbo:

Here's a Webbased link, if you'd like, and I wouldn't exactly dismiss Import Tuner Magazine, since they're an established/published magazine company. They can be sued for wrong information.

I know Lextreme has created a Supercharger kit for the V8s.  Maybe that;s the first place to start, if you haven't already.  Take a look at our Performance Upgrade Thread Pinned in our forum.

TwinTurbo:

Here's a Webbased link, if you'd like, and I wouldn't exactly dismiss Import Tuner Magazine, since they're an established/published magazine company.  They can be sued for wrong information.

so why did you change up your responses?

Actually, in Japan they use both GTE and GTTE. TOyota-Factory uses the GTE designation for the Chaser, Cresta, and the Supra as it's GE Designator. The T in GTE refers to an optional single turbo(TRD) allowing it to produce 280bhp. GTTE refers to the twin Turbos avaible(Toyota Factory) on every Soarer, Aristo, Chaser, Cresta, Supra, and the 88 Denso Supra GT500 car. This information is courtesy from my friend working at Toyota Motor Corp. Japan.

Actually, in Japan they use both GTE and GTTE. TOyota-Factory uses the GTE designation for the Chaser, Cresta, and the Supra as it's GE Designator. The T in GTE refers to an optional single turbo(TRD) allowing it to produce 200bhp on the mid to late 80s. GTTE refers to the twin Turbos avaible(Toyota Factory) on every Soarer, Aristo, Chaser, Cresta, Supra, and the 88 Denso Supra GT500 car, but they changed to the GE designator for the NA-T, and GTE as the new Turbos. Even today, the guys in Japan use the GTTE designation instead of calling it jut GTE for the Twin setup.

This information is courtesy from my friend working at Toyota Motor Corp. Japan.

i guess since your a moderator and all, you can perform all kinds of magic. but anyways, i would like to see actual proof of the sticker that is placed underneath the hood that reads "2JZ-GTTE". so tell me what was the reason for the change up, and like i said, who ever put gtte probably did a typo where everyone and their mom followed.

I know Lextreme has created a Supercharger kit for the V8s.  Maybe that;s the first place to start, if you haven't already.  Take a look at our Performance Upgrade Thread Pinned in our forum.

TwinTurbo:

Here's a Webbased link, if you'd like, and I wouldn't exactly dismiss Import Tuner Magazine, since they're an established/published magazine company.  They can be sued for wrong information.

TwinTurbo:

i guess since your a moderator and all, you can perform all kinds of magic. but anyways, i would like to see actual proof of the sticker that is placed underneath the hood that reads "2JZ-GTTE". so tell me what was the reason for the change up, and like i said, who ever put gtte probably did a typo where everyone and their mom followed.

You have the same option, it's called "EDIT". The changes are just in case I didn't get my point across. Apparently I didn't. Also, I wasn't finished with my statement before I clicked on the Submit Button.

TwinTurbo:

TwinTurbo:

You have the same option, it's called "EDIT". The changes are just in case I didn't get my point across. Apparently I didn't.

it's all good. i'm hear defending my end of what i know. no hard feeling eh... but as soon as you get your pics from your friend. let me know what's up. i would like to add that to my book of knowledge. good day to you.