Is250 Seat Belt Light

Can anyone help with information on how to turn off the drivers flashing seat belt light in the dash? The deal indicates they do not know how, that they can only shut off the chime (which they did), but I just cannot watch this flashing for years to come. They indicated that the bulb will not burn out and I can't imagine having to adjust to this flashing over and over. Please help?

Yeah, unfortunately it will never burn out (it's an LED not a bulb) and it's impossible to remove unless you can take the cluster apart and break the LED itself. It's actually an SMT which is a surface mount LED, soldered directly to the main circuit board, it's not like you can screw it out or anything...

It's totally possible to take the cluster apart and destroy the SMT...

Can anyone help with information on how to turn off the drivers flashing seat belt light in the dash? The deal indicates they do not know how, that they can only shut off the chime (which they did), but I just cannot watch this flashing for years to come. They indicated that the bulb will not burn out and I can't imagine having to adjust to this flashing over and over. Please help?

I think you need to get your priorities straight.Which would you like? (slow death after head injury and your body being shot though the windshied onto the highway) or take the one I like, (wear the damn thing and the most you might get would be a few burn marks on your skin from the airbag.) You need to wear that seatbelt. Even if there was a way to disable it. Lexus is not stupid enough to do it and then you come back and sue because your car never told you to put it on. AM I RIGHT OR WHAT?

Well if you have something in the seat the size of a small child it will think someone is there. Whatever it is in your front seat, move em to the back.

I heard the same arguments when i brought up a similar issue about the seatbelt chime...

My biggest aggravation is how the chime comes on and stays on for the first minute you don't have it on. I don't usually put my belt on until i'm backed out of the driveway and a half mile down the road... And the red light is just as annoying for those first few minutes in the car.

It just doesn't make sense that anyone in this day and age would not wear their seat belt. I've been wearing mine all my adult life (30 years to be exact) and it's just second nature to reach for the belt after closing the door. You actually feel naked without it on. I have to put such people in the same category as those that smoke in the car with their kids. Be smart, develop a little patience and just make it click. You'll be safer and your problem with the so called annoying flashing light and/or chime won't be an issue.

I heard the same arguments when i brought up a similar issue about the seatbelt chime...

My biggest aggravation is how the chime comes on and stays on for the first minute you don't have it on. I don't usually put my belt on until i'm backed out of the driveway and a half mile down the road... And the red light is just as annoying for those first few minutes in the car.

THE DEALER WILL DISCONNECT THE CHIME FOR YOU, JUST NOT THE FLASHING LIGHT...LIABILITY ISSUES.

Yeah, the dealer only has the capabilities to remove the chime (anyone can if they follow the directions for it in the manual). There's no cheat code for the light issue. The dealer can't do it, no one can. The programmers of the car didn't write a program for it.

Only way to eliminate the light is to destroy it.

Yeah, the dealer only has the capabilities to remove the chime (anyone can if they follow the directions for it in the manual). There's no cheat code for the light issue. The dealer can't do it, no one can. The programmers of the car didn't write a program for it.

That is NOT the "only" way.

You know what I hate? I hate those dang fire alarms that keep going even after you know theres a fire. Why? I think it should just go off for 5 seconds then shut itself off. How long does an alarm have to go for? In fact all alarms! You know that annoying little light that comes on your dash to tell you your almost out of fuel? Or the door is open light? That should only come on for 5 seconds. If I don't see it then it should be my own fault. You know, now that I'm thinking about it. Maybe we should just do away with all warning devices and alarms altogether. For those few who choose to just ignore all the warnings and alarms I can easily see why you would be so annoyed. Of course the stove is hot, I just turned it off! Why do I need an warning light for that? Red lights flashing all the time, alarms going off every where you go, things beeping and ringing, so annoying! Especially the red lights with sirens that the police, and emergency vehicles use. Those are the worst! I just can't see driving the next few years with all these red lights and flashing warnings everywhere.

Does anyone know how to keep the trunk light on? I hate the fact that the light goes out when you close the trunk. I find it so annoying that I have to wait almost a full half a second for the light to come on. Heck, the trunk lid is almost halfway open by the time the light comes on!

Interesting! Thank you for your knowledge!

Does anyone know how to keep the trunk light on? I hate the fact that the light goes out when you close the trunk. I find it so annoying that I have to wait almost a full half a second for the light to come on. Heck, the trunk lid is almost halfway open by the time the light comes on!

Are you really sure the trunk light goes out when you close the lid? I mean are you really really sure? And how about the fact that when you buy a new car you have to find the switch and set it so the light comes on because when the car is shipped as is the light never comes on even when you open the trunk lid. Then you have to go on a car forum and make a thread that you have a defective trunk light that doesn't come on, only to find out that in the owners manual there it a little part that tells you how to set the light switch? Shouldn't someone already set that switch or at least show you how to do it before you drive away in your brand new excellent Lexus?

Are you really sure the trunk light goes out when you close the lid? I mean are you really really sure? And how about the fact that when you buy a new car you have to find the switch and set it so the light comes on because when the car is shipped as is the light never comes on even when you open the trunk lid. Then you have to go on a car forum and make a thread that you have a defective trunk light that doesn't come on, only to find out that in the owners manual there it a little part that tells you how to set the light switch? Shouldn't someone already set that switch or at least show you how to do it before you drive away in your brand new excellent Lexus?

But then I can't treat my car like certian people who get married knowing how their partner is and what they do, and then !Removed! about it for a years after all the while trying to change it, OR rushing into a marriage and then discovering all the BS afterwards and then blaming them for being the way they are.

And yeah, the light definately goes out. I put a video camera in the trunk, closed the lid, then waited a few minutes and then re opened the trunk and played the video back. The light Definately goes out.

What are you suggesting? I'm interested in hearing what you have to say.

Why don't you just get a dummy seat belt clasp a leave it socked in to home? You can also disconnect your tail lights for all of us that hate those flashing red lights everywhere too please. Thanks.

I'm "suggesting" that putting on your seatbelt turns off the light every time.

But then I can't treat my car like certian people who get married knowing how their partner is and what they do, and then !Removed! about it for a years after all the while trying to change it, OR rushing into a marriage and then discovering all the BS afterwards and then blaming them for being the way they are.

And yeah, the light definately goes out. I put a video camera in the trunk, closed the lid, then waited a few minutes and then re opened the trunk and played the video back. The light Definately goes out.

Why not just look thru the ski pass thru?